Chapter 29

Monday rolled around and Harry still hadn't seen Draco. He was starting to get worried. After the dream, he had a few nights ago...he was afraid to think about what could have happened. He got up and went to get dressed when he noticed that his trunk was gone. There was a note on his desk. Dobby brought Harry Potter's trunks back to Harry Potter's dorm.

Harry stared at the note. Why would Dobby do that? Unless...

Harry rushed out of his room and to Draco's. The books that had been there last night were no longer there which means that something had happened to Draco and he knew that one professor, in particular, would know about it.

Harry wasn't sure if he'd ever run as fast as he did to Snape's office.

****

The only thing that Snape told Harry was that Draco was alive and had moved back to his old Slytherin dorm. He wouldn't tell him whether the change had been because of Dumbledore or Draco himself. Snape did tell Harry to give Draco space for both of their sakes. Harry wasn't sure what he meant by that but he wasn't about to listen to the professor.

Harry went to his old dorm and got changed for the day, expecting to be able to talk to Draco after one of their classes but he was absent in all of them. Harry wasn't deterred. It would take a lot more than him avoiding classes to keep Harry away.

****

Draco spent the entire Monday in bed. His limbs were still sore and he had some scars that he knew that he had to cover up with some spells eventually. He just didn't have any motivation to move. He felt worse than he had at the beginning of the year. Having the hope of being happy to be snatched away like it had felt so much worse than having no hope to begin with.

He didn't want to think about Harry and how he was taking all this but he couldn't help it. Every time he closed his eyes, he could see Voldemort and the only image that would keep his monstrous face away was the calming green eyes of Harry. That only made him feel worse. It was an endless cycle that Draco couldn't get out of.

The door to Draco's room creaked open but Draco didn't stir. He had his curtains closed so his dormmates couldn't see the sort of state he was in. Though, when his curtains were opened, Draco was just annoyed.

"Blaise," Draco turned on his side. "What part of I'm never getting out of bed did you not understand?"

"You can't stay here forever. People will start to talk."

Draco rolled back over. "People already talk. Me getting out of bed isn't going to stop them."

"Draco, I'm serious. You're acting like you've just got your heart broken."

"I have."

"Yes, and it really sucks but it will only get worse if you add fuel to the fire."