Chapter 48

It was odd going to a place that you were supposed to grow up in. It wasn't at all like Harry pictured it. It was quiet and quaint with dozens of cottages lining the street. They stopped in front of one cottage that had a sign in the ground. The sign said: its ruined state as a monument to the Potters and as a reminder of the violence that tore apart their family. The sign had been graffitied with names and messages of support for Harry that made a small smile form on his lips. Draco came up next to him and slipped his gloved hand into Harry's. Harry squeezed his hand.

"I would like to see their grave," Harry said.

Hermione and Draco nodded and together they walked to the graveyard. It took a while but they were able to find their graves. Hermione cast a spell to clean off the graves and put flowers at the base of them. Hermione stepped back and grabbed Harry's free hand.

"Thank you," Harry said, softly. "Both. I'm glad you're both here with me."

"Of course," Draco replied, wrapping his arm around Harry's shoulders.

"Happy Christmas," Hermione said.

They stood in silence for a while until Harry felt Hermione stiffen next to him.

"We're being watched," she whispered.

Draco turned his head, feigning a kiss on Harry's head before turning back to the grave. "She's right. It's an older woman. Actually, she looks like Bathilda Bagshot. The woman who wrote A History of Magic."

That got Harry's attention. "She was a friend of Dumbledore. Maybe she has some intel. We should talk to her."

They turned and walked up to the old lady.

"Are you Bathilda Bagshot?" Harry asked her.

She nodded and gestured for them to follow her.

****

Draco didn't have a good feeling about the woman. She wasn't saying anything and only communicated with gestures. And it seemed like she wanted to get Harry alone. Though, Harry didn't seem to have a problem with her. Draco exchanged a look with Granger. It seemed as though she had a bad feeling as well. Neither of them wanted to say anything in front of Bathilda, though. So, they followed her into her house.

The house was a mess and was extremely dark. There seemed to only be a few candles lit in the entire house. Not only that, but it smelled like death in here. Draco would know. His manor had a similar smell. Draco turned to tell Harry that they should leave but he was gone. It was only him and Granger downstairs. She was holding a copy of The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore written by Rita Skeeter.

"Where did he go? We should leave," Draco said.

Granger looked up at him. "Agreed."

She stepped toward him but paused by the closet. She opened it and gasped.