19

best friend: "Hey."

y/n: "Hm?"

best friend: "Turn off your alarm. It's been going off for longer than it should."

y/n: "I didn't set an alarm--"

[ALARM blaring]

y/n: "What..."

[Y/N turns off alarm]

y/n: 11:11. I know I deleted this earlier...

best friend: "Can you turn off the lights? Jesus christ."

y/n: "S-sorry."

[Y/N turns off lights]

best friend: "...what are you doing?"

y/n: "Huh?"

best friend: "You're just sitting there in the dark. It's creepy as hell. Go to sleep."

y/n: "I will. I'm just... I'm thinking."

best friend: "As long as you're not planning to murder me, I don't care."

y/n: "You're so different here. Wherever here is."

best friend: "Are you positive someone didn't slip acid in your coffee this morning?"

y/n: "Have you ever had a dream that feels so real?"

best friend: "I don't know. Sure. Why?"

y/n: "How do you know when you've woken up?"

best friend: "Have you been watching too many psychological Ted Talks?"

y/n: (silence)

best friend: (sighs) "Fine. To play along with your weird little Dr. Phil charade, why don't you just pinch yourself? If it hurts, then you're awake."

y/n: "Okay."

[Y/N pinches arm]

y/n: "It hurts!"

best friend: "That's it."

[BEST FRIEND turns on lights]

best friend: "What the hell is going on? Are you going nuts?"

y/n: "I don't know, you tell me."

best friend: "How am I supposed to know?"

y/n: "Because you just would, you're my best friend!"

[long silence]

best friend: "I don't know what happened, but you should really stop--"

y/n: "I can prove it to you."

best friend: "How?"

y/n: "Your birthday is June 29th."

best friend: "You can just Google that."

y/n: "You don't like scrambled eggs. You put ketchup on fish, which I still don't understand. You're closer with your dad but you would never tell your mom that. You almost had your first kiss when you were fourteen to someone that ended up being your third cousin removed. You--"

best friend: "What the fuck?"

y/n: "What?"

best friend: "How the fuck do you know all those things about me?! Have you been stalking me this entire time?"

y/n: "No! Can you hear me out?"

best friend: "You're crazy."

y/n: "Fine, I'm crazy. But can you hear me out regardless?"

best friend: ".......I'm listening."

y/n: "This isn't what my life is like. My real life. In real life, you and I are best friends."

[BEST FRIEND gags]

y/n: "Serena hates my guts. I don't have a dorm and I commute to our college campus. And most importantly: Soobin isn't my boyfriend, he's a fucking k-pop idol! And technically this is all your fault!"

best friend: "My fault?"

y/n: "Yeah! You took me to Vinka and afterwards, this craziness happened--"

best friend: "Wait. Vinka?"

y/n: "Yes."

[BEST FRIEND jolts from bed]

best friend: "How do you know Vinka?"

y/n: "She read my palm--"

best friend: "She used to baby sit me. She was friends with my mom."

y/n: "What?"

best friend: "I haven't seen her in over a decade. So there's no way you would know her....."

y/n: "So, do you believe me?"

best friend: "I don't know. Tell me more. What did she say to you?"

y/n: "I can't really remember anymore."

best friend: "Well think harder! There's a reason we haven't seen her in over a decade. Whatever happened to you... I think it happened to me before."