Three New Stallions, Three New Threats

Trigger Warning: panic attack sorta

The three stallions had once again journeyed out of their home valley to the larger one with the lake. They were grazing again, well Janus and Virgil were, Remus was rolling on his back in the grass. The group was relaxed, yet still alert since the mountain lion incident. Because of this they all heard the sound of three horses running over the near by hill before they saw them. When they did they huddled together, concerned that one of the mountain's many bands was coming for their share of water.

What came was much worse.

Three horses crested the ridge and when Janus, Virgil, and Remus got a closer look they noticed, to their horror, three humans rested on the horses back. Virgil stiffened between his friends, dread pooling him his stomach like dew drops on a leaf.

"Are these the same people from the center? Are they coming back for me? With they hurt Janus and Remus? Oh like hell I'm letting them touch them!" Virgil's thoughts were swimming as he watched the horses and riders approach them.

One of the horses was a bright chestnuts stallion who might've been an Arabian like Remus since they shared many similar physical features. The others two were a very dark brown stallion and a creamy-ish palomino stallion who's breeds Virgil could not guess. The riders he couldn't make definingly, but he knew each horse had one.

"We have to get out of here," whispered Remus.

"Yes, but how?" Janus asked.

"I could lead them away then meet y'all back at the valley. I'm the fasted and I've dealt with humans before," Virgil suggested.

"But Virgil. We can't risked it. I don't want to loose you," Remus said, rubbing his muzzle against Virgil's.

"Don't worry. That's my job. I'll be fine, I promise, but if you're so worried then if I haven't returned by tomorrow at sunset then you can come searching for me. Sound like a plan?" Virgil said.

"Good enough. We'll be taking a back way to throw them off our trail if any do follow us," said Janus.

Virgil nodded and stepped forwards. The horses and riders had made it to the foot of the hill by now and were advancing closer. Virgil took a deep breath to calm his nerves before rearing up and shouting at the humans.

"YOU WANT THEM YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW ME FIRST!!!"

After that he shot up the hill, the sound of pounding hooves close behind him. As he crested the ridge he dared to look back to see if they were following him and sure enough they were. The brown stallion took the lead of the chase, galloping just a tail length behind Virgil. Virgil continued the chase, galloping swiftly over the land to avoid the humans. The sound of roaring blood, the pounding of his and the other horses' hooves, and his sharp breaths were the only things the black stallion could hear as he felt the wind push him forward in his dangerous race.

He crested a ridge to find a suitable place to disappear in when he felt his heart drop. Just below him, at the foot of the hill, was a horse stable with a few arenas or paddocks spread across the land. A large house was set up on the far side and two large horse buildings were set up near the hill. Virgil froze for a split second before turning off to his left to run into the forest. He suddenly felt something fly over his head and ensnare his neck. He felt the thing tighten around his throat and pull him backwards. Virgil screamed in fright and reared up in to his hind legs as he felt two more things rap around his neck, pulling him in three different directions. The stallion pulled and tucked, his ears pinned against his head and eyes wild with terror as he saw the horses and their humans surround him.

Completely panicked and on the verge (get it?) of loosing his mind from terror Virgil stared bucking and rearing, jerking his neck in all directions in futile attempts to break free.

"PLEASE! STOP! PLEASE STOP! STOP IT! HELP! PLEASE! JANUS! REMUS! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!" Virgil screamed though his voice started to sound like a foal bleeing for its dam at the end.

Virgil continued to pull, scream and plead as he was dragged down the hill to one of the paddocks. Once in he was released from the restraints around his next the friesian promptly ran straight into the fence, slamming his sides against the wood bars. When they didn't give away he dashed to the other side of the paddock and slammed into it as well. He continued dashing around the enclosed pastures and slamming himself against the bars.

"This can't be happening! This can't be happening! Not in hell! No! No! No!" he shouted as he ran in a crazed circle.

But it was. He was trapped.