Two Birds of a Feather

"Did you say Remus?" Roman abruptly asked.

"Uh yeah. He's one of the two horses I live with," Virgil answered, a little confused.

"Is he a dark bay Arabian stallion with white markings that makes it look like he has a mustache?" Roman continued.

"Yup," replied Virgil and popped the 'p' for emphasis.

"That's my brother!" Roman whinnied.

"Oooohhhh so your the twin Remus told me about," Virgil said with a snicker.

"The one and only! Did he tell you about how amazing I am?" the chestnut nickered while tossing his head over dramatically. That caused both Logan and Virgil to roll their eyes and Patton to giggle.

"No, he just told me about how you where a bloody coward, a right foul git, and an all around prick to be with," Virgil said with a snicker.

The next thing that came out of Roman mouth is something Virgil could only describe as Offended Princy Noises™. It sound somewhere between an angry goose's honk and a screaming mountain goat, both of which Virgil has heard first hand (hoof?). Virgil broke out laughing at the noise, as did Logan while Patton tried to stifle his many giggles. Patton tried to compose himself and chastise Virgil for being rude, but it wasn't working.

Their happy moment was cut off when Virgil heard barking. He jerked his head up to see two wolf like creatures coming right at them, slipping underneath the fence and charging towards them.

Virgil whinnied in fright, rearing up a bit before cantering away from the creatures and to the safety of his Sulking Corner™. He watched as the creatures skidded to a stop next to the horses, both looking at him with confusion just like the other steeds.

"Virgil are you okay?" Patton called.

"Maybe! What're those animals standing next to you?" Virgil called back.

"Oh this is Remy and Emile, the ranch dogs. Sorry, I didn't warn you about them, but they're friendly!" whinnied Patton.

"Okay," Virgil said uncertainly as he started to cautiously trot back over to the others.

As he approached he saw the two 'dogs', as Patton called them, sitting patiently next to the horses. One of the dogs was slightly fluffy, tan in color with bright light brown eyes and a light pink collar. The other was rather fluffy, almost completely black although there were a few white markings on his fur with darker brown eyes and what appeared to be a green collar hidden in his neck fur. They were both panting, the tan one's large pink tongue flopping out of their mouth while the black one was holding a squished object in their mouth (white and brown in color with a tiny green thing sticking out the top and cylinder shaped).

"Hello! I'm Emile, the loyal golden retriever border collie mix and welcome to the Ranch!" the tan dog barked causing Virgil to shutter as remembered the time a wolf pack almost killed him. He was still new to the wild and had wondered away from Ethan and Remus in the winter. The wolves were hungry and saw Virgil as an easy target. He only survived because Remus jumped in at the last second.

Virgil shook off the memory and replied with a shaky hello.

"Wasup hon. Name's Remy, just a border collie," the other dog said though it was muffled from the thing in his mouth.