Returning to Where It Began

Trigger Warnings: swearing, Nightshade

After a little bit the vehicle came to a stop. Virgil looked out the tiny window of the trailer to be greeted by the bright green pastures of his old home. The door fell open and one of the men came inside, clipping a black lead rope to the halter left on him. With much pulling Virgil was brought out of the trailer to the courtyard where he saw several other friesians grazing in different pastures. He also saw a very unmissed face near the fence, her silky black tail swishing in the wind.

"Nightshade. Of course my mother had to be the closest to the fence when I arrive. Just my fucking luck," thought Virgil, snorting in frustration.

"Com'on Anxiety. Let's get you to to the hitching post where we can get you checked out then settled in," the man said, pulling roughly on the lead rope.

"My name is Virgil, shithead," Virgil whinnied, tossing his head and drawing the attention of a few friesians.

Virgil was lead to the hitching post where his former master was waiting with the vet. He was tied on two different sides to two different posts, the vet giving him a quick check up that he didn't particularly care for. The vet was nice and careful, but he was still angry that he was back here, at this shit hole. The master also checked him over, though much more forcefully than the vet. Once done Virgil was brought to the young stallions' pasture, where all the uncastrated males stayed until they were gelded or put in stalls for breeding purposes.

Virgil tore himself away from the human the second he was off the lead rope, cantering to one of the fences, the one that led to the mares' pasture. He looked around the mares' pasture to see if there was a gate he could open. When nothing was found he huffing and pouted, his ears drooping a bit as he looked around the stallions' pasture.

"Blackie? Finally decided to come back did you?" a snobby voice remarked making Virgil rolling his eyes and frown.

"I didn't come here because I wanted to Nightshade," he grumbled, looking over at the black mare trotting to him.

"Have some manners young colt, you will call me ma'am or mother," Nightshade stopped right in front of him across the fence.

"I will call you want I want to Nightshade. I disowned you as my mother the second I tried to came back," said Virgil, "Also my real name is Virgil."

"Still trapped in wild hallucinations those savage wild stallions gave you. You're name is Blackie or Anxiety, not Virgil. I am your mother and you will treat me as such you good for nothing brat," spatted Nightshade.

Virgil felt rage boil him him and he pinned his ears against his head. Nightshade had stepped over a line when insulting Janus and Remus. So, he did what any reasonable horse would; he reached over the fence and bit his mother on the neck, breaking open the skin and causing blood to start slowly running down her black hide.

Nightshade screeched and pulled her neck away, shaking her head and running over to the fence and screaming for the humans. Virgil snorted happily and trotted away with his head and tail height. Now all he had to do was find a way out.