Gypsy Vanner

Trigger Warnings: implied/suggested forced (but failed) sex?

Virgil had been trapped there for over a month and was definitely not enjoying it. Since he was too young to start training for riding he was sent to the breeding barn with several other stallions in attempt to make him a stud. Unfortunately for them Virgil refused any and all mates offered to him, several times biting other mares who kept trying to flirt and seduce him. It didn't help the fact that Virgil couldn't breed with mares if he wanted to, since he didn't exactly have the tools for the job.

Though he was frustrating the humans which he found great joy in, often being as difficult as he could just to see them try and control their anger.

While the place was terrible, in Virgil's opinion, he did find a new friend he could tolerate; Oisin, a handsome, six year old, buckskin Gypsy Vanner gelding who was an outcast just like him. While Virgil was dislike for his dirty mouth and free spirit, Oisin was shunned simply because he was a different bred than the rest, brought in to be a cart horse for the ranch since the humans were too worried a pony would get trampled by the large hooves friesians. Despite his decent size, being roughly 15. 3 hands tall, Oisin was rather timid and shy, preferring to stay away from friesians and large crowds. Though his timidness always seemed to melt away when Virgil was telling him stories about the wild, Oisin becoming obsessed with the idea of becoming a wild steed.

Virgil actually found himself in a small paddock with Oisin that moment, the Gypsy looking anxiously over at the other paddocks where friesians were grazing and some threw sour looks at the two.

"Oisin you can just ignore them you know," Virgil said while glaring at the friesians.

"I know, but it's just hard to ignore the feeling of constantly being observed," snorted Oisin.

"Then try to distract yourself, remember Ireland and how much you loved it there, all the carnivals and rides on the moors," Oisin seemed to perk up at the thought, his ears lowering back as he relaxed. Oisin had originally been from Ireland as a family horse used for rides or carnivals, but once they hit a rough spot the family had to sell poor Oisin.

"Yeah, Ireland was great. I miss it," said the buckskin.

"I miss my family too," Virgil looked over his shoulder to the tree line. They were in the paddock right next to the mares and foals, therefore the tree line could lead him over the mountain to the small clearing where he met Janus and Remus. Virgil had waited so long for this chance of freedom and now it was being brought to him on a silver platter.

"Hey Oisin, how good are you at jumping?" Virgil asked while walking over to the fence.

"Uh, fine. I've jumped over some logs, stone walks, and streams while riding," Oisin trotted after Virgil.

"Good, follow me and we'll finally be out of here," Virgil picked up his pace and took a lazy leap over the fence, it being rather short and broken down since no one had bothered to fix it.

He turned around and saw Oisin looking a bit nervous.

"Com'on Oisin, we'll finally be free," Virgil looked over at his friend.

"Does this mean I could finally be a wild horse like the stories you've told me?" Oisin looked at him with big brown eyes.

"Yup. All you have to do is jump over that fence," Virgil nodded towards the barrier.

Oisin nodded and backed up before jumping clumsily over the fence, landing on the other side with a stumble. He then looked up at Virgil with bright eyes.

"So where now?" the Gypsy asked.

"This way. I'll take us to the clearing where we can decide from there," said Virgil, both heading into the woods and leaving the blasted center behind them.