Discovery

Trigger Warnings:

When Thomas, Joan and Talyn woke up that morning at five o'clock on the dot they were not expecting anything out of the ordinary. They all got up, ate breakfast, got changed or had a shower then got changed, brushed their hair and teeth, then went out to feed the horses at exactly six o'clock. Joan and Thomas took care of the main five horses, giving them all buckets of grain along with some other stuff that should be mixed with their food for their preferred talent. Talyn was tasked on feeding and caring for Virgil who needed to have a special meal made to help his growing foals.

Thomas had just finished up with Patton who was happily eating his food while Joan had finished Remus after having to convince the Arabian that the grain was better to eat than they're shirt. That's when they heard a shrink from down the hallway.

"Thomas! Joan! Come quick!" Talyn yelled, both Thomas and Joan setting down their buckets and dashing down the hallway to Talyn, worried something was wrong with Virgil.

When they arrived they looked inside the stall and their jaws dropped. In the stall Talyn was rubbing Virgil's neck and at Virgil's side were two new born foals, both standing on twiggy legs and sniffing Talyn's other hand with interest.

"Virgil had twins! Two colts! He told me their names. Nico is the darker one and Loki is the lighter one," said Talyn who was grinning at Virgil.

"He did this all by himself?! Jeez that must've been tough!" said Joan while running a hand though their hair.

"He did amazing, and they both look to be healthy and happy. Good boy Virgil, good boy," Thomas praised, unlocking the stall and walking in with Joan.

They all gave Virgil a lot of pets and scratches along with gushing over the adorable twins colts who would occasionally butt their heads against the human's arms or legs. Virgil kept a close eye on his foals, nickering to them whenever they butt heads with the humans which made them stop for a little bit. Thomas, Talyn, and Joan left when Nico and Loki laid down at Virgil's hooves and started to fall asleep.

The three practically skipped down the hallway to the other horses who seemed confused and worried as to why they fled so abruptly.

"Congratulations Logan! You're a father to two health little colts!" Thomas cried while holding Logan's muzzle in his hands. The thoroughbred snorted and blinked his big eyes, as if trying to comprehend this new information.

"When should he get to meet them?" Joan asked.

"I'd say in four or five days and we should make sure they're not in the same pasture. I know Logan would never intentionally hurt them, but accidents can happen," answered Talyn.

So four days later they took Virgil out of his stall, the twins flowing right behind him as they were released into the paddock. Virgil quickly spotted Logan who was slowly pacing the fence.

"Nico, Loki, come here. We're going to meet your other father," Virgil got his twins next to him and brought him over to the fence. Logan's ears perked up and he stopped pacing when he saw Virgil approach.

"Virgil! Are you okay? Is everything alright? Are the foals alright?" Logan asked, leaning his head over the fence.

"Everything is fine Logan. Though I want you to meet your two sons, Nico and Loki," Virgil nodded to the two foals at his side, Nico pressing himself against Virgil while Loki went stomping up to Logan. The bay colt sniffed his father's muzzle, Logan blowing a warm breath onto his face which made Loki nicker. Nico slowly walked up next to Loki and sniffed his father as well, Logan's eyes glittering as he met his foals.

Life will be perfect.

And that's the end of Pounding Hooves and Thunderstorms! Thank you all so much to everyone for reading, voting, and commenting. This book was the very first story I ever wrote on this account, so I'm kinda sad to see it end, but I will always love it and hold it close to my heart.
The Fantasy & Animal AU will be out in a few days or weeks (depends on how lazy I am or how creative I get) and it'll be called "The Path We Follow". Other than that, goodbye my droplets (y'all want to be called that now?)!

P. S.
Virgil told the humans the foals' names because many horses can be taught the alphabet (and math) and they stomp a hoof on the ground for the number equivalent to the letter. For example: say a horse wanted to say 'food', they would stomp six times, pause, fifteen, pause, fifteen, pause, four.
Idk if this is an actual thing (might be) but I used it.