They've Come For Him

Trigger Warnings: swearing, panic attack?

Virgil and co. were grazing in the pasture when they heard something coming up to the barn. They looked over to see a large, shiny truck come rolling into the grass, their three humans walking out of the house to meet them.

"Who's that?" Virgil asked Patton, the palomino glancing up.

"Dunno. Sometimes other humans will come here to take to our people, but they never bother us so you can ignore them," said Patton, going back to grazing.

Virgil looked back over at the vehicle and watched three people walk out. They seemed eerily familiar, as if seen in a dream, or rather, nightmare. Virgil shook his head, tossing his long black mane around before going back to grazing, a cool breeze running over his glossy black hide. The day was rather lovely, the sky a bright blue and dotted with fluffy and wispy white clouds, soft breezes rippled across the mountain side, tussling the horses' manes and tails. The day made the horses look rather lovely, catching the eye of one of the new humans who had been discussed something withThomas, Joan, and Talyn.

They seemed interested in the large black friesian stallion grazing in the field. They started to walk closer, observing and assessing Virgil with small dark eyes. The stallion felt a bit unsettled by them, but did his best to ignore them.

"Anxiety!" a sharp voice barked, Virgil's head popping up in surprise.

He hadn't been called that since he was a colt and escaped to the wild. So that could mean only one thing. Virgil looked the human in the eyes and in that moment knew why he seemed so familiar.

"They found me," he said, Janus and Remus looking up at him then at the human.

"Oh fuck. Com'on Virgil, lets get away from here," whispered Remus, the group starting to trot away when Virgil heard Thomas call for him. Not wanting to disobey the human he had grown close to he turned around and trotted over to the fence, his mane and tail rippling behind him. When he arrived Talyn clipped his black lead rope to his purple halter then tied him to the fence. During their time there Janus, Remus, and Virgil had been handled a lot which included halter and lead rope training. Since both Remus and Virgil had been trained before they ran away they picked it up pretty easily, but Janus, who had been a born and raised wild horse, had a more difficult time adjusting.

Virgil stood where he was tied and let a Talyn and Joan pet his muzzle and scratch between his ears as someone walked around him. They had him life up a hoof, checked his teeth and seemed to be inspecting every inch of his hide as if it was the most precious thing in the world.

"Yup, this is definitely my lost colt from two years back. I'd recognize him anywhere, he had his mother's dished nostrils, the chipped hind left hoof he got from playing, and the little nick in his right ear I put on all my foals. Unless you want me to take a blood test for certainty I'm sure this boy is Anxiety," the man or Virgil's old master said to Thomas.

"Well what do you want to do?" Thomas asked, looking at Virgil with worry in his eyes.

"I'd like to take him back to the center if that's fine with you. He has fine blood lines and could be a great stud and show horse in a few years," the master said.

"So I'd take it you wouldn't be willing to sell him then," asked Joan who seemed at bit antsy, hopping from one foot to another.

"No sir, he's worth too much to sell," said the master.

Thomas and Joan both sighed before nodded, Talyn untying Virgil's lead rope from the fence. The second they did so Virgil sprinted away, refusing to go with his old master, or at least not without a fight. Master ran after him, shouting and waving his arms about until he cornered Virgil and grabbed the lead rope. He proceeded to drag Virgil out of the paddock to his truck where a large, silvery box container was attached to the back. Virgil shook his head at the bottom was lowered, trying to break free, but more men had came to help his former master.

"Help! Janus! Remus! They're taking me! Don't let them take me!" he screamed as he was shoved into the box, the back closing loudly behind him.

Virgil whinnied and neighed for his family, hitting his hooves against the metal walls until the thing started to move. Feeling his breathing get shorter and harder Virgil stuck his muzzle out of the small window and called for his family, a small cry coming back at Virgil was taken away from his family and home. He watched in terror and sadness as Sanders Mountainside Ranch got smaller and smaller until it disappeared from his view after a mountain blocked his way.

"T-they're gone. I'm all alone now," he mumbled, sadly looking down at his grey hooves at the large box shook over a bump.