chapter 3

The strong looking guy was looking at me. "Wow, you have purple eyes!" he said. This cannot be happening! "Ian! She has just arrived. It is not good to make fun of people especially when we need to give them a good impression." Madison said. "Well who told you I was making fun of her! I just pointed out that she had purple eyes!" Ian said. "Still, she has just arrived, be polite for once!" Madison said and continued watching the TV programme they were watching. "Don't worry, they're always like that." the blonde guy said. "And by the way, I'm Stefan." "Nice to meet you. I'm Violet." I said. He seemed nice as well.

At that moment Randy walked in the room. "Oh, look who's here! So have you met the bundle already or no?" she said. "Not exactly." I said. "Well, my children are Ian, Madison and Edward, but my adoptive children are Stefan and Ashley. Madison and Edward are twins while Stefan and Ashley are also twins." Randy said. Ok, I was really mixed up with the whole twin thing.

"It's confusing" Randy said as if reading my mind "But you get used to it. They're all your age but Ian is a year older. He's 18." Ashley didn't even look at me, she kept watching TV. But I caught Edward looking at me. "Food is on the way, so why not you start to get to know each other?" Randy asked. I just looked at her helplessly. My life is getting even worse by the moment. She left to I don't know where, leaving me with all these humans which right now I would really want to bite. But of course I wouldn't, I don't drink blood.

"You like reading Icey Vamp?" Stefan asked. "Yeah, how do you know?" I asked. "Your t-shirt." he said. I looked at my t-shirt. On it was 'Icey Vamp Sucks Good!' "Oh, right." "Edward likes reading them. I on the other hand, I don't." Stefan said. "Really." I looked at Edward. He was looking at me. "Yeah, I've only read up to the forth book. I can't find the fifth." he said. "Really? I have the book; if you want I could lend it to you." I said. "That would be great. What happens to Ronnie and Mike?" he asked. "I won't tell. You have to read the book to find out." I said. He chuckled. He actually chuckled! Meaning he laughed! OMG! Ok, I'm serious, am I falling for a human?

"Icey Vamp is the worst. I don't know what anyone would see in them." Ashley said. She finally says something, and that is what she says! She didn't even look at me or anyone else. She kept her eyes on the TV. "She's always like that." Madison said. She smiled at me. She seemed kind hearted like her mom. "Dinner's here!" Randy said. She put three plain cheese pizzas on the coffee table. All at once everyone started digging in. In a blink of an eye, Peter entered the room. He and Randy were going to share a pizza together.

"Don't be shy Violet, eat." Peter said. I had no idea what to do. I took a slice of the pizza; I wasn't going to stay hungry. I started eating. Oh my gosh! This pizza was delicious! I had never in my entire life eaten such a delicious pizza. Soon, the pizzas were eaten. I had only three slices. Still I was hungry. Hey, I am a vampire! But I acted fill just to be polite. I'll have a midnight snack later. "I'll get you all some drinks. What do you want Violet?" Randy said. "I'll have water." I said. "Ok." Randy went to make the drinks. Things got silent. But Ian was all questions. "So, can you explain the fact that your eyes are violet, exactly like your name?" Ian asked me.

I was startled by this question. How was I going to explain WHY my eyes were violet?