chapter 6

Madison is a nice person and I could tell. "So, what do you want to talk about?" I said. "I don't know. What do you think about the others?" Madison said and sat down on my bed.

I sat down next to her. "I think they're pretty nice." I said. "Really. You mean everyone except Ashley." she said and looked at me. I felt embarrassed because I knew we were thinking the same thing. "So, maybe she doesn't like me, but still she isn't going to make me feel down." I said. "Good, she's only jealous because she likes being the center of attention. But don't worry, she'll get used to you." Madison said '"What about the others?" "The others, they're cool. Ian can be a little curious though." "Yeah, he's always like that. You know Stefan's my boyfriend right?" she said and stood up. I was going to start laughing in her face but I decided not to.

Was she serious? "I know, you'll think it's weird but he is my boyfriend. Like Ian and Ashley are going out." Now this made me want to laugh more. Seriously! I got up. "Are you serious?" I said behind laughs. "Yes, that is why you and Edward are the perfect couple!" She said and smiled and me. I stood there with my mouth open. Did she really say that? "I'm only joking unless you like him?" she said and walked to the side of the room. "I..." I couldn't continue.

It was true. I do like him but even if, I knew he would never like me especially cuz I'm a vampire.

"I can tell you like him. You're always shy around him. But anyways, let's talk about something else." she said. "I think that would be better." I said. She walked around the room. She saw the picture of me and my parents. She took it in her hands. "Are these your parents?" she said. "Yes." I said. I sat down on the bed. "You must miss them." she said. "I miss them a lot." I said. But even though I missed my parents, I would never want to see my mom drunk again.

I remember one day she came home at around six in the morning, and she was yelling and screaming. I was asleep until I heard her. I ran downstairs to see what was wrong. She was on the couch with a guy and they were kissing and stuff. It was horrible. That moment I wanted to kill her.

Seeing my mom at that state, was the most horrible experience I'd ever been through. I hope I would never relive a moment like that.

It was my dad I truly missed and I knew I would never see him again. Madison put the picture on the night stand. I was quiet. "I'm sorry. Please don't hate me." she said and sat down next to me. She was really close. I knew she was only trying to comfort me. "Don't worry. I won't hate you." I said and smiled while moving back. "Good. I have to go downstairs. Food is almost ready so you should come down soon." she said. She got up and left. Madison is a nice person. I hope she doesn't tell anyone I like Edward.

It was around seven thirty and as always I was hungry. I ran downstairs hoping that this time; Randy would have cooked something delicious. Maybe pork or bacon! Ohh, please bacon! I love bacon. When I walked into the kitchen, Randy was not there. Come on! But I smelled something delicious. My mouth started to water. It was lamb! Ok, lamb isn't as amazingly great as bacon but still, its meat! The lamb was still cooking in the oven. Back to normal. I thought it was best to go next to Peter in his office. Maybe he found me a cure.

I ran to his office. I knocked on the door. "Who is it?" he said. "It's me Violet. Can I come in?" I said. "Sure." he said and I opened the door while I walked inside. "So, Violet. What is that you need me?" he said and faced me. He was sitting down on a computer chair. "I was wondering if you found something." I said "I don't want you to think I'm too pushy, it's just I want to get back to normal." I said. "You did well to ask. And don't worry, I won't mind. We are close, but it is a one in a million chance that you'll get back to normal completely. I have to study more and talk to a lot of other scientists. But I will try. I promise." he said and smiled at me.

"Ok, thanks. Being a vamp isn't easy. "I said. "I know how it feels. You feel different. I was like that when I just became a doctor. It's only the beginning, you'll get used to it and soon you might even become normal." He said. "I know." "And also, if there is any change you feel, tell me. This could be only temporary." he said. "Sure, I will" I sniffed "And also food is ready." I said. "Peter! Food is ready!" Randy yelled. Peter smiled and got up. We both went downstairs. I, of course beat him. This is why my sense of smell and vampire speed is the best!

After dinner, I went up to my room. Tomorrow was the big day. It has been a long time since I ever went to school. Will others bully me? Will they think I'm weird because of my purple eyes? I have no idea. Best to go to bed and wake up tomorrow with all the worrying to do.