chapter 19

I auditioned to be a dancer in the play, and I passed! Rehearsals are after school until 5 o'clock. That means EVERY SCHOOL DAY. I was staying after school to learn the dances. Madison has to stay after school as well. Stefan had gone out for the lead in the musical as well, called Noel so he too has to stay after school too. Sometimes we walk home the three of us after rehearsals. Madison said that rehearsals are pretty hard because they don't have anyone to play the piano for the songs. Instantly I thought of Edward. I knew that he would love an opportunity like this.

It was Friday when I had rehearsals and lucky Madison and Stefan DID NOT. I had told Edward that he should go out for the pianist. He said he would think about it. Lately we have been hanging out a lot. Ashley's words still haunted my thoughts. I didn't want the same thing to happen to him. When rehearsals were done, I took my back pack and headed out. But as I waked out of the gym, I saw Edward! He startled me. "Edward? What are you doing here?" I said out of breath. "I'm the pianist. I had to rehearse a song with Martha who's playing Mabel's best friend Sasha. When our rehearsal was done, I was going to leave but heard music. I saw you dancing. How come you didn't tell me you're a dancer in the play?" he asked. I felt embarrassed. What was I going to say? "I wanted to surprise you." I said. He chuckled. I put on my jacket and we started walking home.

"You're a good dancer." Edward said." Thanks. I used to dance when I was ten until I was fifteen but I stopped." I said. "Why?" he asked curiously. "School, my parents, my friends. I don't know. I guess no one encouraged me." I said. I looked at him and smiled. He looked away and chuckled again. "What is so funny?" I asked. "If you love something, you shouldn't give up on it because no on encourages you!" he said. "I know," I said. We were in front of our house. On the front lawn there was snow. I picked some up ad threw it at Edward. "That was for laughing at me!" I laughed. "Oh no you didn't!" he said. He picked up some snow and threw it at me. We started a snow ball fight. Edward fell on the ground. "Help me up." he said.

He held out his hand and I grabbed it. But he pulled me and I fell next to him on the ground. We started to make snow angels. I looked at the house. Ashley was looking at us. She nodded at me. I knew that I shouldn't be playing with Edward's mind and got up. "Hey, we should be going inside." I said. He got up and we walked inside. It was so warm compared to outside. I went to my room and started my homework. Thanks Senorita Daly!