chapter 24

• Dedicated to Jolene Samhan

Randy and Peter said they wanted to talk to me in private.

"Violet, before your mother died she left you this letter. We do not know what it is about." Peter said as he handed me a letter. I opened the letter and read it:

"To my dear Arnimus,

I am so sorry my girl for what I have done to you. I am so sorry with all my heart. I know you're a vampire. Please forgive me for all that you have gone through. I love you. I always will even if I go to heaven. Your father is proud of you. You are working hard to live while I held carelessly. I will always be there for you. Not only me but also your dad. I love you. I think this is the last time that I will ever talk to you. I hope you're reading! In this envelope is something important a lot to you. Something that you will need for sure. It is you father's will and also mine. Again I love you. I might not see you in the after life but still you are my daughter.

Take care of yourself,

From your mother"

I read the letter three times. I forgive her. I love her. I wish I could tell her this. I caught a tear crawl from my eye. I took out the will. I now had $50,000 to live with and a house in England. How come I never knew about the house? I also have our old boathouse in California that I'd have to sell. I smiled. My mom thought so much for me. "What did it say?" Randy asked. I showed it to her and she smiled. I smiled back. She knew that I had forgiven her.

"Hey, what's the matter?" Edward asked. "I'll tell you latter." I said and smiled. "Also, we have good news." Peter said. Everyone gathered around. "We were wondering if Violet would like to get adopted." Randy said. "I so do not!" I said. "Oh really? What if that family was us?" Peter said. I started screaming! They were adopting me! I was so happy! Finally my life is normal, the way I want it to be. Well kind of.

THE END.........