chapter 20

I really like Edward but there is one problem, I don't want to hurt him! What if I have to move because the council finds me? What if I get hurt, maybe die? He'd be heart broken. Or what if he gets hurt? I would be the one heart broken! But why is my life so complicated?

So, I was walking home from rehearsals. I was alone today. I heard footsteps in the distance. They weren't normal footsteps. I knew them from somewhere. All of a sudden Veronica came in front of me. "Hello lovely. Want a bite?" She said and snarled her fangs at me. I wasn't scared. Especially now since I'm a vampire. Eric and Jason came too. They looked like they wanted a bite as well. Well, I wasn't going to let them snarl their way into a snack. "Want a piece? Fine." I said and snarled my fangs. I was more confident than ever in my life.

Attack after attack I was getting stronger and stronger. I felt my muscles come to place as if it had been a long time since I used them. We ran towards the woods. Blood tripped from my mouth. Eric had punched me I the lip. I wasn't going to let him off that easy. I kicked him in the stomach and he went flying. Jason was coming for a bite and I punched him in the face hard and he fell to the ground. Veronica was in for a treat as well but I tripped her. As I was about to run, Veronica yelled "We'll be having a duel next Monday here at 8. Come or your boyfriend will get it." Oh, no. Edward! This cannot be happening! I ran home.

When I arrived I was out of breath. My eyes were red and my fangs were thirsty. I ran to the kitchen and drank a gallon of water, hoping no one saw me. I came normal. Madison walked in the kitchen and was going to give me a hug but stopped in mid-way. She knew what would happen. "Are you all right? I was worried sick." she said looking in my eyes. "Veronica, Eric, Jason. They came. We fought. Duel, next Monday, Edward in trouble." I said. "What?" she asked. I grabbed her hand and ran with my vampire speed to my room and told her the whole story.