chapter 12

One thing that I never knew was that Ashley was not a diva. I don't like judging people, but as you might expect I kinda thought she WAS a diva. But she is actually real nice. And you'll see why later.

Well, after me and Madison painted each others nails and talked gossip. I'm not that type for gossip, but it was fun talking with Madison. I even told her I like Edward. She said she suspected it. It was almost dinnertime. Randy told us to get prepared. I went to my room and washed. After I went downstairs for dinner. I ran downstairs and was going to go in the dining room. But Ashley stopped me.

"Hey, Violet. We need to talk." she said. She took me in the hallway. There was no one. What did she want? "Listen, I know you're a vamp." she said. I didn't understand her at first. Wait a sec! She was the one behind the door! She was listening in on our conversation! As if reading my mind she said "Yes, I was the one behind the door. I heard everything. I'm sorry that I've been treating you bad. You have no right to be treated like garbage." She looked down to the floor. "It's ok. But why do you treat me like this? I had never done anything to you." I said. She started walking around the room. "When you came, I knew that Edward had feelings for you someway, somehow. But there was something fishy with you; I knew that you would never go out with him. I just didn't want him to get hurt again." she said. She stopped walking. She was facing me. "What do you mean again?" I asked.

"Edward used to go out with a girl a few months ago. He was the world to her. She was even my best friend. But she broke up with him. She said she had to leave because she found someone else. Edward was heart broken. And from the whole family, he opened his heart with me. I know what it is like to loose someone you love. I know you do too. I never want to see Edward like that again. Never. And I can tell he likes you. Please, don't break his heart. If you are willing to do so, don't go out with him. I never talked to her again for what she did. Edward is a brother to me. But he's not like Stefan, he's different. He's delicate. He needs to love." she said.

I knew exactly what she meant. I nodded. She was right. "Your right. I can hurt him. Physically and emotionally." I said. I felt silly. In a stupid way. How come, a human was smarter than me? "Just be his friend. It would mean the world to him." Ashley said. "Thanks." I said. "Thanks to you too. So, truce?" she said and held out her hand. "Truce." I said and shake her hand. "But don't tell anyone about being me a you-know-what. K?" I said. "Sure." she said and we went to the dining room. That's why she's a good person, I suppose.

After dinner, I went to bed. I changed into my pajamas and tucked in. I turned off the lights. I couldn't get the words Ashley said to me out of my head. I would never hurt Edward, and no one will. I will protect him with my life. And so will I protect the others. They mean the world to me, especially Edward.