chapter 17

In it was the grandest piano I had had ever seen. The room was empty except for the dark purple drapes that were all over the room. I was speechless.

"Come." Edward said and walked towards the magnificent instrument. He sat down and opened the lid to the keys. I sat down next to him. I watched and listened as he played, the music was so beautiful. When Edward was finished, he tried to teach me how to play. It was pretty hard since I never played an instrument in my life. Edward started laughing at me. Hey, it's not my fault I'm a bad musician! He came serious and started to play. It was great to hear such wonderful music.

"You should be really proud. You really now how to play." I said when he was done. "Thanks." he said. That moment, Randy walked in the room. She was startled to see us there and so was I. "Hey mom." Edward said. "Oh, hello!" she said. She came back to normal. "I just came to tell you that dinner's ready." she said. "Thanks Randy." I said. We both got up and followed Randy to the kitchen.

She cooked spaghetti with meatballs. I always loved spaghetti! I tried not to gobble it down and be polite. After, I helped Randy wash the dishes while the others watched "Living with the Wild". "I'm very happy to see you getting along with the others." Randy said. She was drying the dishes. "Really, thanks." I said and looked at her and smiled. She smiled back. "It seems you're over your mother's death." Randy said. I stayed quiet. I wasn't over it completely.

"I'm sorry Violet. I didn't mean to." Randy said. I looked at her and smiled "I know. I just don't like talking about my mom." I said. "She will always be you're mother, remember that. Even if you get adopted." Randy said.

"Adopted? Are you thinking of sending me to be adopted?" I said and stopped what I was doing. "Of course not. But until your 18, you're now on the market." she said. She was looking into my eyes. "I don't want you to leave us. And I bet the others don't want you to either. But you just turned 17, in a year you CAN get adopted." she said. "I hope not." I said. She smiled and so did I. We continued our work. Oh my life!

At midnight, I went out. Of course Randy didn't know about my midnight snacks. I stayed quiet and still. My fangs were out, and my eyes were red as blood. I saw a small baby deer walk quietly. I'll let it live. After a while, a male deer came by. He was my snack.....