chapter 11

When Stefan left, Madison sat down on her bed. I got up. "Listen Madison, I just want you to know that I would never try to steal Stefan from you." I said. And it was true. Stefan is a nice guy but I liked EDWARD not STEFAN. "I know," she said "It's just; I get scared he'll get bored and go with someone else." "Get bored? I don't think so. You have so much energy. Trust me; he'll NEVER get bored with you." I said. She started laughing. I sat down next to her on the bed.

"Let's be best friends." Madison said "And we'll tell everything to each other." I was startled... again. It has been a long time since I ever had a best friend whom I could talk with and tell everything to. If I have to tell her EVERYTHING, does that include me being a vampire? But I can trust Madison for sure. "Ok. Let's be best friends." I said. She smiled. I got up. "I have a huge secret that you cannot tell to anyone, not even to Stefan." I said. She got up and looked concerned. "What is this secret?" she asked me. "Wait." I said. I went to the door and opened it. No one was outside. Good. I closed the door. "What is it?" she asked. "I'm not, human." I said. She looked at me. Were we on the same page? "Wait a sec. What?" she said. "I'm a vampire. That's why I have purple eyes. My eyes were really blue. I was turned into one by Veronica, Eric and Jason." I said. She looked at me, her eyes wide. I told her the story about my past. I even showed her the bite mark on my wrist. I told her I was living with them, so her dad could find me a cure to this curse. And so Veronica, Eric and Jason wouldn't find me and rip my gut out.

Madison started to understand. "Ok." she said "Ok, I understand. OMG! My best friend is a vampire!" she yelled. Her face lighted up. She started jumping. "Shh!" I shhed. She gave me a hug. That moment, the color of my eyes went red. When she looked at me, she was shocked. "Your eyes!" she said. Her hand over her mouth. She stepped back. I could tell why. My fangs were out and in the open. "I know, it's weird, right?" I said. "Kind of." she said and took her hand away from her mouth. "Don't bite me!" she said scared. "Of course not! Whenever a human touches me, my eyes change color and my fangs come out. That's only because I'm a new born." I said "I don't drink human blood. Randy did give me a little present of O-Negative today, but thats all I've had and will have!" I started laughing at her. She looked at the ground, embarrassed. We heard someone drop something. We looked at the door. Someone was listening onto our conversation! My eyes turned purple.

We ran to open the door and see who it was. But as we opened the door, we found no one but a pen on the floor. Madison picked it up. "Anyone could have heard, what we said." I said. Oh no, my life is over. "No, no. We need to find out who it was. They might not say." she said. I looked at her. She gave me a smile. We walked back into her room, closing the door. Who could it have been?