5 - Moonlight Sonata

We were kicked out of the carriage. Both Ralphus and I.
     I had thought the sun was joking when he told both of us to "get out", but neither emperor nor the fool said anything. So I ended up climbing out of the carriage with a still naked, covered-in-cum Ralphus.
I stare down the road at the fast disappearing carriage. This is not what I had expected. The surroundings are barren, and there's no sign of civilian life. Although the temperature is temperament, there's a chill in the wind. I can only conclude that this is a test of some sort.
I circle back to Ralphus, and a sigh breaks through my lips at the sight of the half dried cum on his toned abdomen.
"Let's get you out of that."
The gag and blindfold are not too unlike the ones back on Earth, and like the ones Jacques favoured, they're too complicated for the wearer to unbuckle themselves. Though, I could get myself out of one quite easily by the end.
I strain on my tiptoes to reach the straps. He seems even taller than the three Kades. Something more than six feet for definite. If I had my previous body, I could've reached him with ease, but this one...
"Bend down."
He does as he's told, and I remove the gag. The corner of his lips are chaffed red and sore, near to bleeding. Immediately disapproval sours my mouth, they were too rough with him.
"Your first time with these?" I ask whilst undoing the the buckles of the blind fold.
Ralphus remains silent, but I hadn't expected him to answer anyway.
     I chuck the blindfold on the hard ground.
     "Turn around."
     Ralphus spins around slowly, and I catch a glimpse of mesmerising violet eyes before his long white fringe obscures them. Such a waste of such gorgeous features.
     I take out the small bottle of cream I took from the bathroom, and place it on my palm so it's in clear view.
     "I'm going to put some cream on your wounds." I tap the corners of my mouth.
     He nods once and bends his knees lower so he's parallel to me.
      I take a small amount of the cream and dab it onto his broken skin. He doesn't or even move until I finish, and a sort of exasperation wells up from deep within me. Scream all you want, shout all you want. Don't stay so silent, so still.
It's terrifying. Even I had screamed and cried and punched so many walls my knuckles were always scraped and bleeding.
"You can stand up now."
"Thank you."
His voice is calm like the regular tide of ocean waves. It extinguishes the spark of anger, and I run my fingers through my hair with a quiet sigh.
"We'll have to find something for you to wear." I size up my clothes, "My shirt might just fit you if you leave the buttons open."
     "There's no need."
     A pool of gold light expands beneath his bare feet, and with a heavy clunk, a mountain of gleaming armour appears by his feet.
     My brow jerks upwards. I almost forget that this is a world of magic.
     Ralphus dresses quickly, pulling on pieces of silver armour with a practiced ease like he's done this thousands of times. Sir... Sir Ralphus. It's a title.
     "You're a knight?" My tone comes out surprised
     He buckles on his scabbard and sword, "Yes, I'm a knight." 
     With a gloved hand he pushes his white fringe back, and he turns and looks beyond me, not meeting my eyes.
     I can't speak. Eloquence and words stick at the back of my throat. Under the gentle glow of moonlight, his hair shines bright and silky. His exposed brow is generous and god, he's handsome like a Greek statue, like Apollo. His masculinity is stabilising, is calming, reassuring.
     A knight, the epitome of justice.
     Fuck this world. Fuck everything. Why is everyone so goddamn attractive?
     "I have a horse, we'll bring up the rear."
At his words, a black stallion appears seemingly from a fold within the air. It snorts and bumps Ralphus's hand fondly with its forehead, shaking its glossy mane.
Wonder sparkles in my heart, and I feel like a child again, like the first time I was given chocolate by Madame.
"He's magnificent."
A glint shimmers in the violet of his eyes, "You know your horses." He smooths the stallion's shiny coat tenderly, "Most can't tell between a mare and a stallion."
A heaviness builds up in my heart, "I had a horse before."
It slips out quietly but somehow, rings impossibly loud.
"Oh?" The corners of Ralphus's mouth deepens and silence falls between us, but his expression tells me all. Irony, I sense, about both our situations, though more him than me.
     "We should go."
     I take a step forwards towards the stallion, and Ralphus half kneels. It takes me a second to realise why.
     Yuki sure wasn't kidding when she gushed on about magical knights.
     I muster as much strength as possible into my legs and step onto Ralphus's firm knee quickly, half vaulting onto the stallion's back.
     It's a freeing sensation like flying, and from the back of the horse I can see the roll and dip of hills and trees, masses of pines extending away into some far distance.
     There's a faint shudder as Ralphus mounts on, and warmth envelops my back.
     I grasp the reins, and the stallion starts at a steady trot, "Is he going to be ok with our weight?"
     "There's no problem." Ralphus's voice rings from above me.
     Ah, right, magical world logic.
     The horse speeds up to a canter, and it's almost like I'm back on Cassian, racing through the fields. How was he now? They wouldn't dare sell him, not my horse, not Cynder Delphus's beloved horse. Not even if the roamer of the Underworld is dead.
     Ralphus's hard abdomen pushes against my back, and even with the close proximity, I sense a distance. 
     "How did you become their pet?"
     Only the whistle of wind replies my question.
     I laugh bitterly, "It'd be in your best interest to answer my questions. It'd help me decide whether or not you're worth helping."
     Ralphus stays silent, but his fingers tighten around my hips, and I know he heard me.
     "I daresay you know why they kicked us out here."
     Maybe I've been wasting time, and I can just leave now, go somewhere far away from the four and start a brand new life.
     "Well?"
     His voice is as impartial as the moonlight, "That is none of your fucking business."

-

AN: Ralph, darling, you're going to regret saying that hahahah.