You're Not Alone | Part 1

Y/N's POV
Where the hell am I?

I was stumbling through the halls of my apartment building. I had just left the bar with an empty beer bottle in my hand.

My head began to throb with indescribable pain, and my body felt limp and weak. My vision went blurry before I blacked out completely.

-

My eyes slowly fluttered open and I was immediately met with the glaring sunlight. I groaned from the sudden contact and quickly heard a woman's voice.

"Oh! Sorry about that." The woman ran to the blinds and quickly shut them, leaving a small lamp light as the only light source.

I blinked several times to try to make out the familiar figure. I narrowed my gaze, and my eyes widened before heat began to flush through my cheeks.

"E-Elsa?"

Her lips parted in surprise before she quickly nodded with a small smile.

"I see. You remember me." Her voice had a glint of relief in it as a shy grin spread across her velvet red lips.

Elsa Arendelle is my next door neighbor. We barely ever talked, but when we would, my heart would flutter for the weirdest reasons. But I had gone through this feeling several times, sadly.

I was in love.

"Of course." I shot her a smile, causing her to blush and tuck a strand of her platinum blonde hair behind her ear.

"Anyways, what happened to me last night?" I asked groggily before raising my hands up to look at them. She let out a quick 'oh' before responding.

"I was cooking dinner last night and suddenly heard a loud thump outside my door. I checked on what it was, and it just happened to be you, dead drunk." She covered her giggle with her hand. I turned my head, too embarrassed to look her in the eye.

"Don't do that ever again, okay? You had me worried." Her laugh died out and was quickly substituted with a frown. She suddenly grabbed my wrists and glanced at it before turning it towards me.

"And please, don't do this again either." I could see her eyes begin to water as I turned to see cuts and scars on my wrist. My eyes widened and my mouth hung open in shock. She must've seen it when she changed out my clothes.

Wait.

She changed my clothes?!

I shook my head from those lewd thoughts and turn to the teary blonde. She suddenly leaned in and pressed her body against mine, pulling me into a warm embrace.

"Just remember this, Y/N. You're not alone." She somehow spoke without stuttering as she sobbed into my shoulder. My eyes widened and I could feel my eyes stinging with my own tears.

She knows how that feeling feels too.

She pulled away and gave me a weak smile as tears continued to trail down her porcelain cheeks. My eyes softened and I reached my hand out to wipe them away with my thumb. She sighed and leaned into my hand.

"I'm guessing that my situation is similar to yours." She sadly pulled away and sat at the edge of the bed. She sniffled before continuing.

"Before I moved into this place, I was locked up in my room for 13 years of my life. My parents abused me and forced me to be their ideal daughter." She chuckled weakly while recalling her dark past. My eyes widened from her living condition. I would've never guessed that she went through that.

Each time I even stole a glance at Elsa, she would have the brightest smile on her flawless lips. But I should've known, since I went through the same thing.

The people with the brightest smiles are the ones with the darkest lives.

My lips grew heavy and a frown spread across my face.

"My sister on the other hand was extremely supportive. I would've given up by now without her." I expected her to smile, but her frown didn't seem to budge.

"But then she got married and became busy with her own life. Since then, I never saw nor spoke to her once." I could see her biting her lip to try to hold back more tears.

Such a perfect and beautiful woman, having to go through something like that.

I grabbed her forearm, earning the blonde's attention. I rubbed it repeatedly to soothe her. Surprisingly, she continued.

"Then I thought that I finally found happiness. I met this amazing woman and we started dating..." A small smile lifted her lips up.

Wait, did I hear that right?

She likes girls. I'm pretty sure I heard that right.

A small gasp escaped my lips, causing the blonde to turn to me with a raised eyebrow. She gave me a reassuring smile, as if she knew what I was thinking, before continuing.

"I loved her with all that I had. But then, I caught her cheating on me a few weeks ago." She let out a shaky sigh as a single tear rolled down her cheek.

I took a deep breath before taking her chin in between my fingers and turning her face towards me.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that. You don't deserve any of that." Her eyes widened before a weak grin formed on her face.

"You're one of the sweetest people I've ever met." I smiled reassuringly. Her face scrunched up and her brows furrowed as tears began welling up in her icy blues.

My heart couldn't stop beating rapidly in my chest. Her smile and the way that she would treat people. She was the closest thing to a goddess on this hellhole.

"Thank you." She let out a breathy laugh and held my hand that was cupping her cheek.

"Oddly enough, my girlfriend also broke up with me recently." My eyes fell and I could hear a gasp leave past Elsa's lips.

"Guess we're even." I chuckled sadly as I felt her grip tighten on my hand.

"That's why I was drunk last night. I saw her with a dude and all she did was give me a smirk before making out with him.. right in front of my face too-."

Suddenly, I watched as the blonde leaned in and planted a gentle kiss on my forehead. My eyes widened from the affection that I had wanted to feel for so long.

"Hm, we really are even, huh?" She pulled away and I could feel her breath ghosting over my face. My cheeks felt hot as she kept the distance between us to a bare minimum.

"We have pretty bad luck, don't we?" She laughed softly and held my hand again. All I could do was nod as she shot me the most subtle smirk that I've ever seen.

"Let's go eat something. I know a good place too." She smiled and helped me out of bed. I sighed dreamily at the beautiful woman in front of me.

"Sure. I was thinking the same thing."

And with that, she kept her hand tight around mine as we walked hand in hand, not caring about a single thing except for the other person.

And little did I know that my broken heart wasn't the only one that was palpitating painfully fast for the first time in forever.

A/N: Hello everyone, I hope you all enjoyed today's chapter. Recently, writers block has been slowly creeping inside of my head and I'm getting a bit concerned. Because of this, I will be posting only one chapter of Thawed on the weekends, and I will be sure to notify you guys if I decide to go on a short hiatus. Anyways, thank you all for your undying support and I hope u guys have a great day ❤️