004

[double update ! please check chapter 003 beforehand, thank u !!! <3]

Eloise

"Y-you're just letting me borrow them?" Violetta's friend inquired hesitantly, scanning over the books on the desk that laid next to my backpack.

I looked over at Violetta as she examined the stack of books as well, and I pondered if all of this was a good idea after all. But by the smile on the girl's face and how carefully she hung onto my books, something in me decided to trust her.

"If you promise not to damage them," I told her with a shrug.

"Oh, of course! You needn't worry," she quickly responded with wide eyes and a shake of her head. "I'll treat them as if they were mine. You know, I've carried my favorite book with me for nine years and it's still pretty intact. So please, don't worry," she rambled with a smile, making me laugh under my breath at her nervousness.

"Although, I do believe that the best way to learn Korean is to interact with others," I paused, chuckling as I saw her eyes roam the library nervously, probably wondering if I'll end up lending her my books as I had promised. "But no judgements here," I continued, making her eyes snap back to me as a small smile trailing her lips. "I mean, how can I? I lock myself in my room for hours just to write. I know the power of literature." I nodded as I handed her two books. Only two books to start off. Although I decided to trust her, I won't give my whole collection to a stranger.

"W-well, I'm going to start tutoring a guy soon," she cleared her throat awkwardly. "So I guess that counts for the whole speaking Korean to practice," she muttered, smiling shyly afterwards.

"Everything counts." I grinned. "So, here you go... Luna, right? Forgive me, my memory's quite terrible when it comes to names," I let out as I scratched the back of my neck.

"Don't worry," she giggled, taking the books I was handing her. "But yes, it's Luna. Thank you, Eloise. I promise to return them soon," She nodded curtly as she hugged the books tightly against her chest.

"Remember, not a scratch," I teased with a warning pointed finger.

"Not even a folded page," she saluted with a giggle escaping her lips.

"Good," I grinned.

"Thanks again, Eloise. You didn't have to," Violetta chimed, nodding my way with a small smile.

"Of course. Enjoy them, Luna," I beamed as I took a step backwards towards the exit, ready to greet the cast for the musical.

゚❁ུ۪ °ₒ 𓂂 ˚ 𓂂 ₒ ° ₒ 𓂂 ˚˖⋆
author's note

y'all i'm still not over the finale🤧🤧🤧
lee minho really became suCH A CELEBRITY CRUSH FOR ME RN WOWIEEE

anyway uh hIII !
it's vi and luna !!! 🥺🥺🥺
hope some of u know who they are hehe but if u don't then no worries !!!

ooh also, taehyung will be here very very soon guys, don't worry :)

anyway, i hope u guys liked the chapter !!

please stay safe, healthy and happy🤍