050

Eloise

Eloise

"They're looking better," Mr. Kang noted with a smile. "Taehyung is really improving on his part. Truth be told, I was a bit unsure during his first few days, but I'm glad he's worked hard."

I looked over at Taehyung as he chatted with the lead dancer. He smiled from ear to ear but all I could remember were his sad eyes that lingered in my mind since my birthday. The somber gaze haunted me day and night and I could never escape it- escape him.

Coming to the conclusion of my true feelings for him has been a rollercoaster. I've been trying to find a way to forget about him and all the hurt in my heart just by the mention of Taehyung. I can't. It seems— it feels impossible. He's all consuming.

"Eloise?" Mr. Kang snapped me back to reality, making me look up at him with wide eyes.

I cleared my throat and plastered a smile as I agreed to his previous statement, "Yes sir, he has indeed improved."

"Mr. Kim Taehyung!" Mr. Kang shouted to get the latter's attention. My eyes slightly widened once Taehyung looked in our direction. I watched as he made his way towards us but I decided to look down at my lap to avoid any eye-contact.

"Yes sir?" he asked, his soft deep voice like music to my ears. I frowned at the sound, it felt like I hadn't heard him in ages.

"I just wanted to congratulate you. It seems that, out of everyone, you've been working really hard. You're a great actor and I'm glad you've improved. Just wanted to tell you that all your hard work hasn't gone unnoticed," said Mr. Kang with a grin, making me smile at his kind words. Knowing how much work Taehyung has put into his acting and the recognition the professor gives him truly makes my heart warm. He has improved. He has worked hard. He is a great actor. I see it now, his dedication and work ethic in his craft. And I'm proud of him for it, despite everything.

"Thank you sir, but I'm afraid I mustn't take all the credit. I had a great teacher," he stated, making my eyes snap up to meet his. Taehyung smiled softly at me, but I simply tore my eyes away from him.

Okay, I can't be here.

"Mr. Kang," I started and cleared my throat. "I have a couple of assignments I should finish. Is it alright if I leave now?" I inquired with pleading eyes.

He looked at me skeptically since I usually stay until the end but relented, "yes, I suppose so, Ms. Evans."

"Right, thank you." I gathered up my things and walked past Taehyung without sharing another glance and successfully making my way out of the auditorium.

He looks fine, great even. And I'm glad that he's doing well, I just wish I was at least able to keep eye-contact without it physically hurting me in the process.

I hugged my books tighter to my chest as I walked towards the library. I spotted Luna writing furiously on a sheet of paper, making me frown, but as I was about to walk towards her, the lead dancer beat me to it.