021

Eloise

Eloise

I glanced down at my burgundy oversized sweater, letting a small smile take over my lips.

At least if he spills wine this time, it won't show.

I shook my head as I looked down at my trusty doc martens and nodded to myself.

I look good.

"Hey, El. Remember that your dad and I will be leaving tonight on our business trip. Please be careful," Dad told me with a small smile as he walked into my room. "You haven't gone out on friday nights in years," he chuckled, eliciting a small smile from me.

"Yeah well, this is only to help with his acting." I shrugged nonchalantly before looking at myself through the mirror for the millionth time.

"Right," he chuckled slightly with a shake of his head. "Whatever you say, sweetheart," he told me, kissing my forehead and as he pet my hair. "Be careful, honey. Bring your pepper spray with you and Haewon is on speed dial!" Dad reminded me with a tight smile.

"I'll be okay, dad, go. You're going to be late to the airport." I grinned up at him, making him nod and peck my forehead once more, before leaving my room.

I took another good look at myself and nodded confidently. I grabbed my purse and dashed out to the kitchen to bid pops farewell.

"Eloise," he greeted me with a grin. "I can't believe we're leaving you for two weeks! Especially since we know things have just started to get better," he murmured, a frown present on his features as his shoulders slumped.

"Yeah," I whispered and looked down at my boots. "But don't worry about me, pops. I'll be okay and you'll be back before we know it." I smiled reassuringly and hugged him tightly.

"Yes," he chuckled, kissing my cheek, before reluctantly letting me go. "Now, go out with your friends. You deserve a night to yourself." He smiled fondly.

If only you knew this was related to my writing, too.

"Yeah, I'll try," I teased, making him roll his eyes at me. "Have a great flight, pops. Call me once you arrive in New York. I love you," I smiled up at him, before grabbing purse.

"I will. We love you, El. Be safe." He waved, a small, dimpled smile adorning his face.

"Always," I told them with a wave and turned to leave.

Here goes nothing.

゚❁ུ۪ °ₒ 𓂂 ˚ 𓂂 ₒ ° ₒ 𓂂 ˚˖⋆
author's note

h-hi 👉👈🥺

i'm so so SO late and i apologize for taking so much time to update.

i know that can be really annoying and i didn't mean to make u guys wait :/

uni has just been taking all of my time and,, more personal things have come up lately:/

however, i do want to continue updating dandelions for u guys so so much🥺

and i will :)

thank u for waiting
u're all so precious,, i missed u🥺🥺

now as always, stay safe and healthy, both physically and mentally 🤍