029

Eloise

Eloise

"Taehyung, look!" I said with an excited smile on my lips as I pointed to a painting of a woman looking at the horizon. A looming black figure standing right by her side as her gaze remained trained on her surroundings. The figure seemed to focus solely on her, even as she blatantly ignored its presence. It was almost like they were accustomed to one another. The shadow representing her dark past and all the doubts circulating her mind but she continuously pushed it aside to look further. She learned to live with her shadow, without it swallowing her whole. "She's beautiful," I whispered to myself.

"Like you." I jumped at the sound of the foreign voice in my entranced state. I sharply turned around to meet a pair of dark blue eyes.

"Thank you," I told the guy with a slight nod as I looked him over. He had a school uniform hugging his form as he leaned against a column. My eyes slowly found their way back up to his face, before giving him a polite smile and turning back to the painting before me.

"You have impeccable taste," he stated as he stepped closer towards me. I merely shifted awkwardly in my spot, attempting to seem calm and collected as the stranger continuously approached me.

I cautiously searched for Taehyung in the crowded room, only to find him chatting to  the female worker at the front desk. That charming smile of his trained on his pink lips as he spoke, making me mentally roll my eyes.

He sure doesn't waste any time.

Almost like he felt my burning gaze on his form, his eyes quickly met mine but I turn to look away and pay attention to the younger boy standing next to me. He continued talking about the sculpture, admiring the beauty like before.

I tried to focus on his words, I really did, but all I could think about was how I wished it was Taehyung standing next to me, admiring a work of art with me.

I mindlessly nodded at his words with a faux smile. "Ah, I'm boring you," the stranger chuckled under his breath. "I'm Elijah. I apologize, I sort of ramble when I'm nervous," he started, scratching the back of his neck as he scrunched his nose slightly.

For the first time since our encounter, I laughed. "I'm Eloise, nice meeting you." I nodded, a small grin tracing my lips. "And don't be nervous. You sure know what you're talking about," I praised with a kind smile.

"Well, I'm more so nervous to ask you out," he suddenly stated with a slight smile.

My eyes widened as I froze in place. What am I supposed to do? How do I just... let him down easy and politely? What if he's persistent? What if—

"Um well-"

"Sorry babe, that girl at the front desk was an absolute chatterbox," Taehyung interrupted me as his hands slipped swiftly into mine. My eyes only widened once more as I looked over at him incredulously.

"Babe"? Hand holding?

Before I could respond, Taehyung spoke up again. "Oh, I don't believe we've met," he smoothly let out with a forced smile.

I turned back to the younger boy who looked at us with a smile that seemed to mirror Taehyung's. "I was just leaving." Elijah nodded towards him before turning back to me. "But it was great meeting you, Eloise." He winked, before walking away to the next division of the museum.

"Yeah, you too," I muttered under my breath, still confused by Taehyung's actions.

"Who was that?" Taehyung questioned as his eyes never left Elijah.

"Elijah."

"Did he try anything?" He briefly glanced down at me, before turning back around to look at the door Elijah walked out of.

"He asked me out," I murmur as I shrugged nonchalantly, swaying our intertwined hands. Instinctively, my eyes trailed down at our hands; they seemed to fit so... perfectly together. His enclosed mine completely, shielding them from anything and everything. I mindlessly placed my other hand over his with a light smile. For goodness sake, he was just flirting with that employee earlier! You can't be daydreaming about him just by a simple hand-holding moment.

I slowly looked up at him, only to meet his protruding gaze. His eyes travelled down at my hands enveloping his before looking up at my eyes. I quickly got the message and let go before clearing my throat. "Anyway, why? What's it to you?" I narrowed my eyes at him and he quickly turned away.

"Nothing, just wondering." Taehyung shrugged and let out a small huff.

"Alright, mister grumpy pants." I nudged his side with a small smile. "Are we going to enjoy our day at the museum or will you pout all day." I crossed my arms over my chest and raised a brow.

He fought a smile, before peering down to look at me. "I suppose I don't have a choice, do I?"

"Exactly." I took a hold of his hand again and guided him through the vast museum.

This was just what I wished for today. To be here, with him.

゚❁ུ۪ °ₒ 𓂂 ˚ 𓂂 ₒ ° ₒ 𓂂 ˚˖⋆
author's note

HIIII !!!

this was longer than the last but i'm just excited to update the next chapter already rip :,,)

also, my apologies for not updating yesterday, i was working till late, which i also worked late tonight, but i had to get this out!!!!

i didn't want to make u guys wait again >:(

so here it is :D
some el and tae !!! 🥰

but anyway, i love u bubs !!!
thank you for reading so far and i really hope you're liking the story!!!

please stay safe and healthy, both physically and mentally <3