043

Eloise

Eloise

"Angel?" Taehyung questioned in a small voice.

"Tae, you're so talented," I told him with wide eyes as I continued to take each painting in. My eyes trailed down to every detail— from the stroke of the pencil to the light smudges on the sides from when he grabbed it when the paint was still wet. My smile grew as I traced the lines in the one I was looking at, before turning my attention back to him. He was already sitting on the floor, legs crossed as he leaned back on his hands while he looked up at me. A small smile tracing his lips when our eyes met, eliciting a warm feeling throughout my body.

"Thanks, El." He winked playfully, patting the spot next to him for me to sit.

"It's just the truth," I clarified with a small smile as I sat down next to him. "Now, shall we start?" I chimed with a grin as I positioned my canvas in front of me. Truth be told, I was quite nervous. I've never painted before, not unless it was for academic purposes. Even then, painting and drawing always made me nervous due to my inexperience.

And as I sat here, in a room full of Taehyung's paintings and doodles, it was like the feeling was magnified. But then I looked at him, his inviting grin and coffee-brown eyes... it calmed me— he calmed me.

"Mm, about that," he interrupted my train of thought as he rummaged around one of the cabinets next to us. "I got this today and I must say, I do my best work when I'm... well, high," Taehyung finished with a lopsided grin. "So, uh, if you don't mind."

To say I was shocked was a bit of an understatement but I was never one to shame someone for smoking pot. After all, Haewon does it a lot too when she's stressed with her work. I nodded quietly, to which he smirked to himself and focused on the task at hand. Rather than looking at what he was doing, I looked at him. The way his tongue slipped out the corner of his lips and how he furrowed his brows for a split second in concentration. The way a bright grin decorated his features the minutes he rolled up his joint successfully. My eyes were still a bit wide but not in disgust but rather in curiosity.

I've never been around someone who smokes before, at least not while they're doing it. Haewon smokes, yes, but never in front of me for some reason.

He closed his eyes as a puff of smoke escaped his pink lips. I merely tilted my head at the sight, analyzing him as he smoked, before placing my blank canvas aside on the floor.

Taehyung's always so free while I'm, well, not. Maybe I should take a page off of his book, at least for tonight, right? I mean why should I just sit here and keep thinking about his freedom instead of reaching for my own? After all, Haewon always tells me to step out of my comfort zone, too. And so as his hand brought the joint closer to his lips, I gently took a hold of his wrist.

His eyes widened at my touch and he quickly looked over at me. "Eloise?" He started with a nervous smile. "I can stop if—"

"Can I try?" I asked him, looking intently at him. My eyes shifted from the two of his as I awaited for his answer.