030

Eloise

Eloise

"Taehyung, look!" I chanted for the twentieth time today.

"What now, angel?" Taehyung merely chuckled from beside me as his arm draped over my shoulders.

I simply smiled at his action, looking up to see his enticing coffee-brown eyes and the bright amused grin on his lips. His fingers played mindlessly with some strands of my hair, reminding me of the first time he told me he liked spending time with me.

It was the mere raise of his brows at my lack of response that knocked me out of my reverie but a small grin still fought its way onto my lips. I looked down at my hands before I quickly shook my head and looked towards the painting I pointed out earlier. "C-come with me to see it," I stuttered as I looked up at him again.

"Of course," he murmured, like a gentle whisper amidst all the chatter and commotion in the museum. His eyes softened at the small smile adorning my lips and he, brazenly, kissed the top of my head, making my eyes widen slightly at his actions.

Well he's being extra touchy today. Not that there's a problem... right?

His blonde bangs hung loosely over his forehead, almost covering his bright eyes but I know it didn't quite hide them by the way he spoke and fawned over each art piece here. It was then I noticed how keen Taehyung was of art. "What did you want to show me?" He inquired as he looked away from the painting sitting in front of us and back down at me.

I cleared my throat at his words, it was almost like being with him felt like a walking daydream. I don't think I've ever been this calm or felt this light before, and I don't know if it's the company or the setting but... I like it; I like being here with him. And so, with an excited smile, I directed him towards the abstract painting sitting just a couple of steps away from us. "This one," I told him, pointing to the colorful art piece hanging on the wall, dragging him towards it with me.

Once we stood in front of it, I quickly looked over at him, only to see the furrow of his brow as he studied the intricate piece. A small smile decorated my lips at his inquisitive gaze, before I turned around to inspect it as well. We both studied it silently. The intricate strokes of the brush forming their own story, one that we both tried to decipher. I was tempted to touch it, to feel the strokes of paint against the parchment but I quickly shook my head to myself. After minutes of analyzing the piece, I decided to read the story next to the painting as Taehyung continued to examine it.

"No need to read it, angel," he whispered softly, but his eyes stayed trained on the painting. "I've been a fan of their work for years," Taehyung finished, glancing down at me briefly, before turning back to the art piece.

"Oh, really?" I grinned up at him in delight.

It was almost like I couldn't stop the grin on my face when I was with him.

"Yes, they paint with their feet," he explained, a boyish grin on his lips as his eyes stayed trained on the painting, before diverting his attention back to me. "They were born without their arms, you see, so they learned to paint, as well as do many things, using only their feet," he added, his smile still present, a little faint but still decorating his features as he glanced at the painting once more.

"Wow," I let out breathlessly. Talk about talent.

"Yeah," he giggled, before interlocking our fingers together like it was his second nature by now. "I've always wanted to try it," he mumbled, more so to himself than to anyone else as he quickly shook his head.

"Then let's try it," I interjected, shrugging my shoulders and placing my other hand on his forearm.

"Let's? As in the both of us?" Taehyung questioned incredulously, eyes wide as he quickly looked down at me again.

"Well obviously," I scoffed as I rolled my eyes. "Or would you rather try it with Elijah? I'm sure he's around here somewhere," I teased, pretending to look around for the stranger.

"Shut up," he giggled, nudging my shoulder slightly. "I- I'd love to. I just—" Taehyung sighed, shaking his head once more without even so much as finishing his sentence.

"You just what? Tell me." I frowned, holding onto his forearm to stop him from walking any further.

He halted beside me, bright eyes meeting mine again. Something was different from before, however, instead of the amusement and excitement from earlier, a slight frown now adorned his features. "I- it's nothing, El," he murmured as he tore his gaze away from my questioning one.

"Well, I don't really believe you, Taehyung, but I won't push you," I whispered, before giving him a small smile. Curiosity was eating me alive but I wanted him to tell me things on his own accord, not because he ever felt forced to.

He didn't say anything for a moment, merely tightening his hold on my hand, and I could've sworn I faintly heard him whisper, "Thank you, angel."

"Attention everyone, the museum will close in twenty minutes. I repeat, the museum will close in twenty minutes."

Taehyung and I turned to look at each other, exchanging a solemn look. We both turned around then, looking at the museum once more and left after spending our day together.

゚❁ུ۪ °ₒ 𓂂 ˚ 𓂂 ₒ ° ₒ 𓂂 ˚˖⋆
author's note

hIIIII !!!!!

this is their museum outing/date 🥺

i think bby eloise os a lil more whipped for tae in every chapter ;,)
and i think tae's very fond of her too🥺

bUT !!!! what do u bubs think?🥰

also i have now finished my semester and i am SO HAPPY RN 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

AND I DYED MY HAIR PINK TOO XUEHIZSJ  THANKS TO ROOMMATES FOR ALL THEIR HELP WOOT WOOT

but anywayyyh, what are u guys thinking? are u liking the story and their development 🥺

i hope u are okay bubs🥺

i love you guys and i truly hope you are staying safe and healthy and hydrated!

happy holidays🤍