041

Eloise

Eloise

"Dad, Pops!" I grinned as I tackled my parents in a bear hug.

"El." Pops tightened his hold on me and kissed my forehead. "I missed you so much."

"I missed you too, the both of you," I giggled as I let go of them. "How was your trip?"

"It was great, bub," Pops told me with a bright smile on his face. "We got promoted!"

"Really?" I gasped and reached for their hands in excitement. "Ah, I'm so happy for you guys!" I smiled, tackling them in yet another hug.

"Thank you honey, you know we value your support the most," Dad giggled, before ruffling my hair. "Now, what have you been up to lately?"

Spending an unbelievable amount of time around a the male-lead of the play.

"Oh well, I think I made a new friend," I told them with a small smile as I placed a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"Really, honey?" Asked pops with a grin as he sat down on the kitchen table. I merely nodded and sat down next to him.

"Well, tell us about your new friend," Dad suggested with a soft smile as he looked over at pops.

"Well, his name is Taehyung," I started, fighting the bright grin that wanted to escape at the sound of his name.

"Wait, Taehyung? You mean the male lead you couldn't stand just only two weeks ago?" Pops frowned but Dad was smiling from ear to ear.

"Precisely."

"Wait but how-"

"Hush Hyun, let her talk," Dad hissed before placing his hand on Pops's thigh in hopes to soften his tone.

"Uh, we've kind of been hanging out. I apologized to him after insulting his acting, all thanks to you two. Then, I began to help him improve and we just started hanging out now," I coughed, playing with my rings as I avoided their intense eye contact.

"Hm."

"W-what?" I frowned at my parents lack of answer.

"Nothing honey, I'm sure he's a very nice young man," said dad, before glaring at Pops, who was too busy looking at me.

"Well, for one, I'd like to meet this Taehyung," Pops started.

"Yes, I do too." Dad grinned, taking my hand in his. "This is just the first time you talk about a friend, El, besides Haewon of course. We're just protective over our baby, but if he's your friend then we already like him." He kissed the back of my hand, eliciting a bright smile from me.

"Hm, I don't know Xavier, I'll decide when we meet."

"Hyun," Dad rolled his eyes before looking over at him. "We just got back, give your daughter a kiss and approve of her friendship with this boy so we can go to sleep."

Pops met my dad's gaze and looked back at me. "Ugh, I'm sorry. I'm just protective over you sweetheart. But we'll always trust your judgement and accept your friends," he admitted and kissed my forehead.

"Maybe we can meet him on your birthday!" Dad exclaimed with a bright grin.

"That's almost two weeks from now, Xavier," Pops scowled before removing my dad's hand from his thigh to go to the kitchen.

"It's only one week and five days from now, drama queen. Plus, it's perfect! There will be other people around and the poor boy won't feel like we're interrogating him if there's more company."

"I think that's okay." I nodded softly before continuing, "But don't go full on detective on him, I kind of like him."

"Like him?" Pops froze before turning towards me.

"Yes, Hyun. She likes him, now make me a sandwich please. This boy is not the first and won't be the last one she'll like," dad rolled his eyes and got up to prepare his own sandwich.

I giggled at my dad's nonchalance and pops' wide eyes. "Okay, alright. My little girl likes someone," he whispered to himself but I faintly heard it.

"Don't worry, he's a great person. I think you'll really like him," I beamed and walked over to him.

"Okay, alright. We trust you." Pops nodded with a small smile before kissing my temple.

"That's all I want," I grinned before joining them in the dinner table. "Oh, by the way, do you guys have any blank canvases?"

゚❁ུ۪ °ₒ 𓂂 ˚ 𓂂 ₒ ° ₒ 𓂂 ˚˖⋆
author's note

HI MY BABIES !!!!!
GOODNESS I MISSED U SO VERY MUCH !!!!

I WANTED TO UPDATE FOR SO LONG HELP🤧🤧
but as u all might know, i'm working on the book that comes after this one and had a lot to do and sTILL have a lot to do😭😭😭

aLSO I FINISHED SUMMER TERM HALLELUJAH SO HOPEFULLY I CAN BE MORE ACTIVE HERE

been a few crazy couple of weeks, mentally mostly, but i'm glad i'm updating again for u bbies🥺🥺

I LAAAV Y'ALL !!!

i know it's a shorter chapter but ill be updating more soon don't worry !!!

did u guys like this chapter?
i know tae isn't here but i always loved her dynamic with her dads uwu

how are u, my loves? 🥺

i hope you're all taking care of yourselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🌷🤍

and please stay safe and healthy, both physically and mentally <3