THE ER continued

I was in the hospital for the rest of the week, apparently I had mixed alcohol while smoking which my body didn't take too nicely and I blacked out. I actually feel like a legend. I'm not dead so that's great.

After a tragic weekend with lectures thrown at me, I returned to school, healthier and fit.

She passed right next to me. She smiled at me like we were "besties" or something. Can her little crush end already? I mean it's been over 3 months now, can't she see that I'm not into her!? I think Kai knows her. I couldn't care less. I heard her say, "We've hit 12 new subscribers." I wondered what for, but I have a strict rule to mind my own business.

Scarlet's POV

I had spoken to Jay, I even told him my name. He did smell like he'd bathed in alcohol. I wondered if he even remembered our encounter. I can't believe that he actually found his classroom. He was a bit awkward when I saw him today though.

Being completely honest, he is really attractive and he looks like a character out of a movie; blonde hair, juicy lips, funny (I guess) and he raps. Isn't that exciting? Imagine us together, we would be unbreakable. I wish that we speak before he leaves. The clock is ticking, the world's moving and it's definitely not waiting for Jay and I to make out.

Jay's POV

It was Saturday and at around five in the evening I arrived at a gig. You'd think after I was hospitalized I'd stay home and be a good boy, well not the case. At this point it was still low-key but it was going to get exciting. Some underground rappers were going to pull up and a DJ. I was lucky to have been at the event especially since I'd passed out two weeks ago.

At around ten, it was going down, we were dancing and smoking. We had drinks and we had chicks! When the rappers started spitting, it was on fire! I was just waiting to go outside. I needed to be filled with the adrenaline rush, then you know what? I was going to get high!

We went outside at around twelve or one; at this point I wasn't looking. The sound the cars made was like explosions! The exhaust pipes were flaming, literally. Everyone was live screaming while others were live streaming. There was smoke everywhere, from the cars and people smoking. Out of all my friends only two of us were sober, for now.

We drove to their crib and when we got there I put my hands on a joint, my second one. I also had a drink; the music was so loud that I couldn't hear my thoughts. I actually wasn't thinking.

I got up from the couch at ten in the morning to leave for my aunt's. Darrin reluctantly drove me. My aunt only knew that I was out at a friend's; not at the gig. Luckily my sister didn't know otherwise she was going to snitch on me.

I walk into the kitchen and my aunt looked happy, "Jou ontbyt is in die mikrogolfoond." (Your food is in the microwave). I was starving and the food looked delicious, Darrin's hospitality was shit. "Thanks" I gratefully say. I felt so tired. "Jay, you look tired" my aunt states, "you don't have to go to school tomorrow."

I thought about everyone I wanted to brag to about the gig then the schoolwork, "I'll see in the morning. Hoekom is jy so gelukkig?" (Why are you so happy?) She smiles and says nothing. I brushed it off too.

Soon as I woke up, I realised that it was 9am, meaning my aunt wasn't tricking me when she said I could take a day off. I wasn't going to do much.

Maybe surf the internet or write some bars. My Instagram accounts weren't actually deleted, I temporarily deleted them and I just needed to log in. I was going to write about stuff like how high I am sometimes that I forget myslef and everything around me amd how I think my situation is typical so I just get high.