Work-ups.

Damon

I walk into the house groggily, tired as hell from the night I just had. It's too early in the morning to already be feeling like a zombie, that's more of my characteristic after 6:00pm.

I had to sleep over in my playroom since the subs I fucked yesterday sucked up all my energy and I definitely was not making that drive back home so sleeping over it was.

I open the door to Dash's house and head straight to the kitchen for the coffee which I know is already brewed by Rosa and is just waiting for her employer. Too bad I will be the one drinking it today, he'll probably kill me but I'll die as a coffee martyr so win-win.

"Morning Damon"

"Morning Rosa." I manage a smile while proceeding to the coffee machine that's so close yet seems so far off. "Is he up yet?" I make quick work of pouring the entire coffee into a mug and taking a large sip of it and a sigh of appreciation bubbles from my throat. "He's behind me isn't he?"

"Yep" She replies as I see her leave the kitchen from my peripheral vision.

"You look like shit you fucking coffee thief." He states without any amusement in his voice.

"Aww good morning to you too bestie. Why are you dressed it's Saturday?"

"One of Bess' event that she insists I must attend since the company is the major donor or something like that." He snatches the coffee cup from me and takes a sip before gagging and handing it back to me. I take my coffee black, strong with nothing in it, he takes his black with four sugars.

"Your dad's gonna be there?" I ask knowing the volatile relationship between them ever since Dash's coming out. He nods in affirmative at my question. "I could come with."

"Nah I got this Day, can't avoid him forever." Why does that sound like something I would say?

"My mama is gonna be there, isn't she?" His eyes already tell me the answer to the question. That's why he didn't tell me. It's no secret that I blamed my mama for their separation, I feel like she never tried to even redeem it. "Well you go there and kill it tough guy." I finish the rest of the coffee and put the cup in the dishwasher.

"Bet I will coffee thief."

"Keep talking and I'll rearrange all your dress shirts." The guy had warm colors and cool colors of dress shirts, arranged in sections depending on the occasion and the jackets they matched with. You want a fight? Scatter his closet.

"You wouldn't dare Eugene." Low blow he knows how much I hate my middle name. I turn to face him before replying.

"You should run now tough guy." He doesn't hesitate to run as I just chuckle while approaching the stairs to go to the biggest guest room which is now kind of my room when I stay over or barge in. And it is a mutual understanding that I'll always do that so no complaints at all.

After a long shower I'm dressed pretty casual in a black dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up to the elbow, a black dress pant neatly ironed, my black Versace Medusa loafers, and my TAG Heuer Aquaracer watch finished with some cologne. I style my hair in the usual low bun and head for the door.

Marco is doing the bi-annual work-up of the company's systems and network today and that's why I'm heading in. Even just the thought of him is enough to get my heart racing, he's absolutely perfect.

It's both weird and fascinating to think of how much he's grown over the course of 13 years into the gem that he is today. I just... I just wish I wasn't too old for him, there's a whooping 8 year difference between us my 29 to his 21, he's my best friend's brother I feel like acting on my urges will be me taking advantage of him. I'll fucking tear my heart out for him if he demands it but we'll always be at two different points in life that are parallel to each other and I just have to understand that. Hopefully these feelings will fade away eventually.