Run downs and Orange Scones.

Marco

Talk about the king of mixed signals, sometimes I think he wants me then boom his tongue is in someone else's mouth. He avoids me and then we're close to kissing each other on the 8th floor, he finds out about me and master Nate, he gets angry then he says he's happy. He's full of mixed signals and I don't even know what he wants, neither do I believe that Damon knows what he wants.

I make my way into the Panera Bread rightmost corner booth. Ever since that night three months ago, this has been me and master Nate's meeting place and I look forward to it every time. Well more like three times a week. With him everything comes easy, easy conversations, easy jokes, easy laughs, there's no mixed signals or complicated emotions, and he takes care of me more than I even do for myself.

"I see you're making efforts on your punctuality." Master Nate's deep smooth voice calls out as I settle into the opposite seat in the booth. After our first couple of meetings, he had called me out on my usual punctuality problem aka I'm always late to everything.

My punishment for that was that for how many minutes I was late that's the same amount of time that it will take for me to order my food. There's no greater torture than being in one of your favorite restaurants and not being able to order, okay maybe there's greater torture but it still sucks either ways. So of course I don't want to disappoint my master so I started putting effort into arriving earlier.

"You're still here before me though." A pout takes over my face as he chuckles lowly.

"You're doing a good job Marco so don't beat yourself up about that." A smile takes over my lips at the compliment. Compliments feel good even if I don't believe them sometimes, they're still nice to hear. They have this fuzzy feeling to them.

We order our dinner as usual and take our seat while waiting for it.

"So what did you do today?" I suck in a deep breath at the question as master Nate trains his eyes on me.

"I did a complete systems work-up for master Damon's IT department today from morning till like mid-afternoon and then we went back home and watched Animal Kingdom and I came here." I give a short rundown of my day's activities.

There's no give away on his strong masculine face, I tend to be unable to read master Nate's face like I can with my brothers, my mom, and... and Dee. Unless he wants me to know what he's thinking, I can't tell what. "So how did the whole Damon thing go?" He asks amusedly after going to collect our food when the server calls our number.

I hold a whole internal debate with myself if I should say it or not but rule number four of our contract literally says: No lying/pretending between dom and sub.

"We almost kissed master." I mumble finally.

He chokes on his lemonade as I quickly pass him the napkin to clean up the drizzle by the side of his lips. "Wow and how did that feel?"

"I almost cursed my brother that interrupted it." He releases a deep belly laughter as I continue "It was a whole rollercoaster of mixed signals, and then it seemed like he cared one moment and then he shuts me out the next."

"And how do you feel now?"

It takes me a while to settle on the strongest emotion I'm feeling and try to put it in words but it's not working. I don't know what I'm feeling or maybe it's that I can't explain or process what I'm feeling I'm not sure.

"I don't know what I feel master, is that okay?" I whisper.

"Of course it is Marco. come on put a dent in that food." I grab my spoon and dig into my creamy tomato soup before taking a big bite of my grilled cheese. Taste of heaven.

"How was your day master?"

"Today was particularly stressful, we had a burn victim that I had to operate on in collaboration with the ever pompous head of plastics. Let's just say that the patient is always going to be the first priority." Master Nate is a trauma surgeon although he says he's still in his final year of trauma fellowship so he's more of a trauma surgery fellow. "And after that I helped out in the ER so yeah pretty boring." I scoff at him.

"I won't call someone who gets to help people by going into their bodies and fixing what's wrong boring, and you shouldn't either master Nate." It's amazing how much medicine has advanced and some of the things doctors can do is just out of this world.

"Noted Mr Flores." A smile appears on my lips at the scouts honor sign that he does and the seriousness with which he says my name.

We finish up our meals and I'm very filled but there's still space for something. I glance at master Nate every now and then expectantly, whenever I'm early he'll also get me my favorite orange scones. Christ those things are so good that I could eat them all day long.

"How much sugar did you have today Marco?" No no no no don't ask. I begin to cry internally knowing how much of an advocate against harmful sugars master Nate is. I must have had 25 starbursts today while we were binging Animal Kingdom. "Your face already tells me the answer, and you know how I feel about that Marco." He chastises me and I drop my head in shame. "But you arrived early today and I'm proud of you for that so I'll get you just one orange scone, okay?" I nod in giddiness.

All done with my dessert, master Nate holds my hand as we make our way outside to his truck and we settle in. Amidst the sing along with the radio and our little conversations, I don't even know when we arrived home.

"I won't be seeing you till Tuesday, I'm going to Austin to see my parents but I'll call and text and you make sure you take care, alright?"

"Yes master." He reaches into the glove compartment and brings out a small plastic bag and hands it to me.

"I'll call to remind you to take it every morning also." I collect my prescribed iron pills from him, I have the sickle cell trait and so I'm very anemic and I've been prescribed iron pills till whenever the doctor tells me to stop I guess.

"Thank you master and you drive safe too." I reply.

"You're welcome Marco. Go on." He nudges me towards the door and with a large smile, I alight from the truck and proceed into the house for some well needed sleep after that absolutely delicious and filling dinner.