Pink Lemonade and Sons.

8 months later

Damon

"He is your son Damon, would you like to spend some time with him?"

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

2 hours earlier

I walk into the restaurant and immediately sight the gentlemen that I've known practically all my life, already seated at our 'spot'.

I think it's safe to say that majority of our meetings are held at the Damante Hills restaurant. I don't know if that speaks to our love for good food or the thrill of informality. I'd settle for the latter because to be fair informality puts every one at ease and makes things flow freely.

"I'm not fucking gay." Kasper replies in a clearly bored tone.

What did I just walk into?

My eyes widen in a "you're kidding right?" expression. That had to be the lie of the century. I've never seen the guy with someone without a cock. So I can't even classify him as bisexual or pansexual.

"You always fuck guys Kas never a woman, that makes you gay." Dash replies like it was a matter of fact.

Kasper sighs before turning to Dash "So?" He asks in his usual monotonous expressionless voice. "Loving the sight of my cock in a hole doesn't make me gay."

He is definitely having a sexual identity crisis right now.

I carefully take my seat away from the blast zone so I don't get suckered into it.

Dash looks around like he's the only one hearing the blasphemy from Kasper. "That is literally the definition of gay." He replies exasperatedly.

"No, that's the definition of sex." Kasper replies, cool as a cucumber. I won't say I can't see the reason he's one of the top lawyers in the country. His word logic is flawed but outstanding.

"There's no winning with you is there?" Dash mumbles with a sigh.

Kasper cracks a cocky smirk before continuing "I do this for a living Carter."

"That has to be the randomest argument I've ever walked into." I mumble at the two.

"Randomest is not a word Day." Dashiel throws back. I roll my eyes at the Hippo before taking my correct seat.

Yep that's how a typical day with us looks like. Weird arguments, and a platter of sarcasm.

"Nice of you to join us Day." I throw a "don't you dare judge me" glance at the man sitting across from  me.

I press the button to summon the server while picking up the menu to look through for what I'm in the mood for.

Ever since the shooting, I feel like I've been given a new lease at life. I've not been able to take anything for granted anymore. Nothing is freaking guaranteed so do it now while it still matters, it's not going to matter when you're not here anymore.

That being said, pink lemonade it is.

Getting back to using my arm had been one of the most painful experiences ever, the whole process of rehab hurt like hell. I wouldn't have made it through without my husband.

Gosh I love him so much.

I always thought that hiding your vulnerabilities made you stronger. Turns out that owning your vulnerabilities is the true definition of strength.