Lies and Blueberries

Same day as chapter 27.

Marco

I log out from the desktop in the classroom and head out after my dispersing class to go have a well deserved lunch, before my next class which is in an hour.

I'm on the top stair, trying distinctly to regain my breathlessness. I won't understand how people don't get breathless from climbing these devils called staircases.

My phone vibrates in my pocket and I glance at it to see my husband calling.

A smile spreads across my lips as I answer the call, trying hard to will the butterflies that still fly in my stomach at the thought of my sexy husband.

"Hello beautiful." I'm a goner for the sexy drawl at which he says the endearment. I try to hide my blush while speed walking to my office to avoid the present traffic of students.

"Hey Dee." I say softly into the phone.

"Can y-you come to my office?" My husband doesn't sound like this, it's not a sexy drawl no it's an actual drawl actually more like a slur of words. Like a drunk slur or something but Damon isn't the type to have happy hour at 12pm.

"Damon is everything okay, why do you sound like that?" I whisper yell into the phone, my heart racing as panic begins to surge through me.

There's some muffled sounds and I thought the call was disconnected till he speaks again and I release a breathe of relief.

"I'm f-fine, please it's important." There's this feeling in the pit of my stomach again that I can't shake off and honestly I've been having it for a while now.

Random cars following me everywhere, I have this feeling of being watched all the time, random sounds when I'm working at the office. My office looked different when I came in sometime last week but I chucked it off to the janitor cleaning up, even with this same nauseous feeling that I had. And I swear I heard a camera shutter when I hung out with the 'catchers' group two days prior.

I'm more jumpy nowadays, I feel like I'm going out of my mind, and most of all is the paranoia that messes up my brain.

Damon had noticed my jumpiness at the slightest touch, but I assured him that everything was okay even though it wasn't.

I don't know what he sees in me to make him love me so unconditionally. I'm such a mess and a klutz, I lost my wedding ring for crying out loud.

"I'm on my way baby." I manage to whisper. He's the strong one not me, he's my strong lover.

"Get me s-some blueberries on y-your way love." His shaky voice rasps out again.

I nod in panic, my brain not really registering the demand. "Okay, I love you." The phone goes dead before I even complete my words.

I walk briskly, my racing thoughts all over the place as I approach Dr Smith's office. The towering red head is one of the best professors and one to look up to. If I can trust someone to take my class on such short notice, it'll be her.

Thankfully she agrees to take the class and I inform her on the plan for the day before grabbing my things and dashing to Richardson Corp.

Not until I settle in the car does my brain finally process things and I'm in a temporary state of confusion.

Harry

He loves me, I mean who else was the ring in the glove compartment for? He's always there to listen, he answers my questions, he cares for me, he's always in my dreams, but he goes around cheating on me and breaking my heart.

My heart beats for him and he goes around stomping it day and night, defeating the purpose of our love and making me angry.

I tried everything to bring him closer to me, studying every second of the day to get good grades in his class. The office hours just to talk to him, and admire the one made for me, taking the job at his frequent car wash, I even dyed my hair blond so he could choose me over this runt.

But no this guy won't just leave me and Marco alone to enjoy our blissful love, so eliminating him is simply the next option. Then I'd have him all to myself and we can live happily ever after far away from everyone.

That way no one can steal him from me and I won't have to hide my love for Marco.

"Hi" I flash the young lady at the front desk a wide smile. "Mr Redmond here to see Mr Richardson."

I place my hand on the table to ooze more confidence. She types into the desktop before smiling at me. Ew I force a charming smile at the ugly lady, Marco won't be happy if I cheated on him.

"Conference room on the 9th floor Mr Redmond." I mumble a quick thanks and proceed to the elevator. The suitcase in my hand adding more to the aesthetic of my business man character persona, even though it's only guns and knives that are in it.

I'm in no way Mr Redmond or whatever fool's name that is. I'd simply hacked into Richardson Corp's database even though it was a bitch to get through, only my sweetheart can make things so hard for me like that. But it's okay because our love is worth fighting for. After the grueling effort, I'd bypassed the firewalls to see that the Marco stealer has an appointment with a Mr Redmond at 11:25am.

I then hacked into the local police website and downloaded Mr Redmond's information and I shot him thrice in the head and now I'm taking his place.

I pop a gum in my mouth as the elevator car takes me to my destination.

Let the duel begin.

Damon

I proceed to the conference room as Nyra my personal assistant informs me that the project inspector from the governor's office has arrived and has been situated in the conference room.

He's actually a little earlier so brownie points in punctuality, I deeply appreciate that.

I open the door to the soundproof room to reveal the man, way younger than I expected with dyed blond hair and blue orb in one eye and brown in the other. Fascinating.

"Hi, Damon Richardson." I introduce before extending my hand firmly for a hand shake; I set my iPad on the conference table. He wraps his hand around mine and returns the gesture.

"Freddie Redmond, but please call me Freddie." I chuckle slightly at his relaxed tone.

"Of course Freddie and my apologies for the wait." He'd arrived earlier than expected and I was ironing out some details with Dash, hence the wait.

"Oh it's no problem at all Mr Richardson." The deep and airy tone with which he says those words creep me out a bit. But other than that, I brush it off and pull out the documents showing the progress of the government project Richardson Corp was contracted.

At least that's what I thought to do till it all went down.......