Coincidences or Fates.

Marco

I arrive on the 9th floor where all the magic happens and its business as usual.

Nadene has her thick rimmed glasses with the red frames sitting very comfortably on her nose, as she types sporadically on the keyboard of the desktop situated in front of her. Probably drafting letters or emails on behalf of Damon. Lyla is on the phone and jotting things down as she speaks. Her black bob moving in a swaying motion as her head moves from the direction of the paper to the computer she's also staring at.

Everyone is busy doing one thing or another and like I said, it's business as usual.

Nothing seems off to be honest, and I really think I'm losing my mind again if it's my constant fear and paranoia this last couple of weeks that's making me assume the worst has happened. Maybe I'll just take up Jalil's offer to talk or maybe Dee's friend and high school mate Jarrell, so many therapists to talk to.

But then he requested blueberries out of the blue.

The door to the conference room is locked. If it's locked then it means someone is inside because it's only ever locked from the inside. It's one of those doors.

I rap my fist on it once, then twice.

Through the reinforced decorative fiberglass patterned with checkered images, it's hard to make out whoever is in the room, usually useful for closed door meetings. However, I can make out the shadow approaching the door to come open it. It's an oddly familiar silhouette, definitely not my Damon but I can't place the image.

Well until the door is opened and I'm met face to face with those conflicting eyes, an unreadable expression on his face.

Harry Spenser?

My eyes travel down his body and my eyes widen in the utmost shock when I'm met with a gun. All sounds are stuck in my throat.

Blueberries.

"Hello gorgeous" I squeak at the intensity of his voice and he's quick to place the nuzzle of the gun on my abdomen. "You don't want to do that baby." I nod in absolute compliance, what else am I supposed to do?

"Oh no no no" There lays my husband on the floor.

"Harry no" My voice breaks, my fingers clam up, my eyes become blurry, my heart skips beats, it suddenly feels chilly.

Blood.

White shirt turned red from blood, bloody hands, closed eyes, pale skin, my husband lay there a shadow of himself. My legs instinctually carry me to the love of my life.

"Y-you c-came." Teary green eyes struggle to open and focus on me. I catch sight of the very red almost dark splotch between the left shoulder and chest area.

I've watched enough movies to know that you're supposed to apply pressure on the area. And so I immediately move my husbands hand away and replace it with mine, encompassing his body with my small frame in the hopes of warming my Damon up, even though my body is usually the cold one.

"I did baby, I'm here." I let out shakily.

"I-I'm sorry f-for...." He begins. Gosh I love him so much that it hurts.

I was the one clearly acting like a brat, I should have spoken up told him how unsafe I felt both physically and mentally. He has never judged me before so why did I reason that he would now? Instead I asked for space and even without arguing he'd had packed his essentials and adhered to my request.

I caused this, Harry is the monster of my own doing.

"Shhh conserve your energy baby, please." I plead while placing kisses on every part of Dee's my lips can reach. "I'm the one that's sorry." I'm the fuck up, I'm the screw-up.

I turn to Harry, it's a little hard to see him clearly through the unstopping flow of tears. "Harry please I beg you, Damon has done nothing let him go. Please."

I hold onto my husband tighter when Harry comes closer and squats impossibly close to me. "Marco I though you'd be happier than this to see him gone, so we can finally be together without interruptions." A certain innocence rests in his eyes.

What?

My eyes land on his finger. My wedding ring. How did I miss that before? How did he even.....? The carwash.

"You've been the one all along, I thought I was going crazy. Carwash, my office, the stalking, random flashes, the text, the flowers, it's all been you." All those office hours now made sense.

"I can't ever get you out of my mind Marco, we're meant to be together and he," He glances at my husband in utter disgust before continuing "is just a hindrance. He needs to go."

No no no.

"No Harry, please no." His gaze softens as his eyes meet mine, adoration shining through his eyes. That's the look I never could decipher. "You're right we do have a lot to talk about Harry, but please we have to get Damon to an hospital, please."

Confliction swirls in his eyes as I pray to whoever is out there to spare my husband's life long enough till we get help, or just take me along with him. I'm not living without my Damon.

"He doesn't want us to be happy Marco. See?" He removes my twice smaller wedding ring from his pinkie and shows the inscription on the inside to me. "MH, that's us gorgeous." What? Oh lord he misconstrued the whole thing. Marco Harry is MH when in actuality the MH simply means that I'm masters' husband.

And now my master is dying.

The only play left for me is to go along with Harry's sick fantasy.

"Of course Harry but I wouldn't want you in jail when we can be together, so let's get Damon some help and then it's just us." A grunt of disapproval escapes my husband. It's very weak, too weak but it's there.

A part of me just hopes this is a very bad nightmare that I pinch pull myself awake from, because reality shouldn't be this painful.

Harry closes the little space between us, now bone-crushingly close to me and disregarding my personal space.

His lips descend on my neck and he sucks softly at first and then it becomes harder.

More tears escape my eyes as a small whimper escapes my lips. I want to wake up from this spiraling nightmare, or at least have a different dream.

Maybe the one where Damon and I are wrapped up in soft silk sheets just staring at each other under the comforters, breaths mingling, no words spoken but our hands never seem to leave each other and our hearts beat as one. I prefer that dream than this tornado of pain.

"Please stop Harry." My voice breaks in pain, I cuddle closer to my barely conscious husband just to feel him and for him to feel me. Maybe if I hold him tightly, he wouldn't be snatched away from me, he wouldn't let go. And that's what I do.

I detach myself from the creeping hands and trailing lips on my body and just escape into my mind where only my family and computers exist.

"We're going to be together for a long time gorgeous." He trails against my skin, hands groping my butt.

"Damon, Damon! no no open your eyes Damon! please open your eyes please." I think he stopped breathing, but I'm not sure, I don't know. I put my fingers against the inner parts of his wrist and I don't think the pulse should be this slow. But still no matter how slow it is, I pray that it doesn't stop at all.

The tune plays over and over in my head like a broken record. 'Lovin' you' by Minnie Riperton has always been my all-time favorite song, the softness of the song, the beautiful voice from which the lyrics fall just makes the song sensual and moving. It had become my Dee's favorite after years of being together.

I unconsciously begin to hum the tune.

"I don't like when you're sad Marco." Harry's hands caress my face. "If I let him go, you'll come with me?" He's so enveloped in this fantasy of us in love, it's delusional.

"Ye..." I don't get to finish my sentence as a loud crash followed by another comes from the glass windows on the opposite sides of our position.