𝐈

----- act one, HIDDEN LIES
Chapter 1. Blanc's Investigation

THE THROMBEY HOME,
2 DEERBORN DRIVE
MASSACHUSETTS, U.S.A
11:28 A.M.

ASTRID HATED SUNNY DAYS

ASTRID HATED SUNNY DAYS. Though the sun did not burn her, she still despised the heat and joy it brought, reminding her of that day. The girl shifts in her seat, trying to get comfortable whilst finishing her letter to her aunt, Rebekah.

"Detective Blanc. I need you to answer some questions for me, okay?" The man introduces himself, walking onto the porch.

Astrid stops writing, slowly looking up at the older man. She scowls at him, hating he was treating her like a kid. "I'm not a kid," she snaps.

He blinks in mild surprise.

"Don't talk to me like one. I know more than anyone else in this house."

"I apologize, Miss." He pauses for a second. Astrid sighs and closes her notebook, giving the detective her full attention.

"Now, as I hear it, you and Marta aren't very close to any of the other Thrombey's, correct?"

Annoyance sparked in the girl, but she bit her lip, trying to stay polite. "Not exactly. Marta and Joni's daughter, Meg, are friends. Meg and I aren't friends at all, she hates me. Walt's son, Jacob, is my...friend. But other than that, no. I'm not at all fond of the others."

He takes a mental note of her pause. He glances around before sitting down in front of her.

"Be honest with me, Miss Astrid. You aren't an orphaned girl from Sacramento, are you?"

Astrid froze, absolutely terrified at his words. How did he find out?

"No matter. Tell me about the Thrombey's, Ms. Mikaelson," he says lightly.

Astrid's mouth hung wide open.

"H-How did you-" she stutters, unable to finish her sentence.

"Upon hearing of your departure from Washington, your father and uncle hired me to do a little digging into the Cullens."

The blood drained from Astrid's face. "I can assure you, Astrid, that I already knew of the existence of the supernatural long before your family contacted me. I haven't and won't tell a soul, you have my word," he promised.

Astrid's pursed her lips, eyes trailing to the ground.

"Well, I don't know everything, but I have heard some things. Richard is cheating on his wife, Linda. Harlan knew about it and he was planning to tell Linda. I don't know if he would go as far as killing him though."

Blanc took note of that again, waiting for her to finish.

"Umm, Joni was double-dipping out of Meg's tuition. So he told her he wouldn't be funding Meg's tuition after the last check he gave her. I know she was really mad about that, but I don't think she would kill him." Another pause, Astrid sighs.

Astrid paused, thinking about what she knew about the rest. "Jacob told me Harlan fired Walt from the publishing company a few days ago," she says slowly, twirling her fading highlighted hair absentmindedly, staring at the floorboards.

"So it's true?" He asks, intrigued by this new information.

She nodded. "I'm assuming the others lied to you about it."

A nod from him and she rolled her eyes, muttering something that would make a nun faint from shock.

She started thinking again. "I don't know much about Ransom though. I haven't met him yet, and I haven't heard anything other than the fact he's an entitled a- brat," she corrected herself, refraining from cursing.

"I know he left the party early after an argument with Harlan though. He was really mad about something." She shakes her head after thinking for a moment. "That's all I have, sorry."

"On the contrary, you have helped me quite a lot. Thank you, Miss Astrid." He stood up and shook her head.

"Glad I could help," she muttered, prompting him to leave. Astrid sighs as she stares out into the yard, petting the two dogs that came up to her.

All she wanted was to go home, but until this was over, she couldn't.

Love you guys~