𝐗𝐈𝐗

----- act three, FINAL AWAKENINGS
Chapter 19. Flashback

ASTRID'S ROOM
2 DEERBORN DRIVE,
UNITED STATES
9:28 P.M.

One night, Astrid had come back from getting more blood bags

One night, Astrid had come back from getting more blood bags. Thankfully, she had the sense to put them in thermoses. The only problem was that Jacob caught her.

She praised whatever god existed that Jacob believed her lie that it was red Kool-aid.

But that also posed the problem of him snitching on her about being out past her curfew. So she made him a deal: he got to ask her whatever questions he wanted if he wouldn't tell anyone. Surprisingly enough, it worked.

"Okay, okay," Astrid started giggling from her spot up in the rafters.

Jacob was beginning to think that "Kool-aid" was some type of alcohol. That, or it was spiked. Whatever the case, she was some kind of drunk. How the girl had even gotten up there confused Jacob to no end.

Jacob was sitting in her desk chair. He pretended he wasn't listening all that much by being on his phone, but in reality, he was giving her his full attention.

"When I die," she paused from a hiccup, leaning against the vaulted ceiling.

Jacob's eyes flickered up from his phone to look at the blonde beauty.

"I don't want a big funeral, you know? No flowers, no extra stuff, no nothing. Just my family and friends, or else I'll come back and haunt everyone." She said it dead seriously, staring Jacob in the eye.

Jacob scoffs, shaking his head. "Are you drunk?" He asks in disbelief.

"Not enough." Astrid pauses, looking at her bloodsinger briefly. "Why?"

"Well, I-" Jacob started stuttering, blushing when he couldn't come up with an answer.

"Thought you only cared about that phone of yours, Thrombey," Astrid teases.

"Shut up. I'm trying to say I'm worried about you," he snapped, avoiding her eyes.

"That's very sweet of you, Jake." Astrid pauses for a second, looking thoughtful before using the aerial silks hanging from the roof to get down to the floor.

Astrid landed silently on her feet, steadying herself. She then made a spur of the moment decision to throw herself into the dozens of fluffy throw pillows and blankets that decorated her bed. She sighed happily, burrowing under the faux animal fur covers.

It was quiet for a moment before Jacob broke the silence.

"I'm your friend?" Jacob asks hesitantly.

Astrid rolls her eyes, turning over to look at him. "Well duh. If you weren't, you wouldn't be sitting here. I don't allow just anyone into my room." 

She scoffs before drinking the last bit of the blood in the bottle. Well, "Kool-aid," as she lied to Jacob.

She cursed the person she fed off of earlier for having lots of alcohol. It was hard for her to get drunk, but alcohol-tainted blood made it really easy.

"Out if anyone you could have picked to be your friend, you pick me?" He asks in disbelief. He was sure she must be lying to be in his good graces.

"You look like you need a friend," she replies quietly. "Isolation will only drive one insane."

The two say in silence, letting her words sink in. Neither had said anything for a good few minutes.

"I mean...in not going to force you to be my friend. Whatever you want," Astrid muttered dejectedly, thinking Jacob's silence meant the worst of what she was thinking.

"I'm just confused. Why would you want to be friends with me? You've seen what I'm like," he quips, a harsh laugh escaping his lips.

Astrid frowned and shakes her head again. "That- your little act you have going on- I know it's fake. I'm curious to know the real you. Sue me."

Jacob was stunned at her words. He had worked so hard to keep up his walls for the last 5 years. But this girl- one he hadn't even known for 6 months- has figured him out before his family did?

"How did you-" he cut himself off when he saw Astrid's sleeping form sprawled out on her bed.

Jacob sighs and gets up. He stared at her for a moment, contemplating what he should do. After a moment, he moved her bottle to the nightstand and pulled the covers over her.

He froze, fingers barely grazing her arm when she moved. Astrid muttered something in her sleep as she turned towards him.

After a few moments of silence, Jacob lets out a breath of relief and walked out of her room quietly.

Why did he do that? He could have easily left her alone. But something just wouldn't let him.

Was it...no. Jacob Thrombey was not falling for Astrid Mikaelson. He couldn't let her in. She would leave him too once she saw how messed up he was.

He wasn't in love with her. He just couldn't be.

A/N

Just an alternate ending and the epilogue left. I'm so not ready.

 I'm so not ready