𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

----- act one, HIDDEN LIES
Chapter 8. Facing The Cullens

THE CULLEN HOUSE
FORKS, WASHINGTON, U.S.A
5:27 P.M.

M

ASTRID TOOK A DEEP BREATH AS SHE WALKED INTO HER OLD HOME, HEARING EVERYONE INSIDE STILL. 

Carlisle gave her a reassuring smile and Astrid walked further into the house, stopping at the living room doorway. Despite the fact they were once her family, she still felt her anxiety flare up, wanting nothing more than to run away again. 

Esme's unbeating heart filled with hope, not daring to hope this girl with the strange heartbeat was Natalia, despite the fact that she had seen her killed right before her eyes.

Carlisle nudged Astrid forward, a sign to start talking. 

Jasper sent calming waves to the girl. He didn't know who she was, but he knew she would never get anywhere without it. 

Astrid darted forward and hugged Esme tight, the way she did was just like she did all those years ago. 

After a moment, Esme's body shook with sobs, venom filling her eyes in the place of tears that would never fall.

"She's back," she whispered. Emmett grinned widely and scooped up his pseudo-sister into a bear hug. 

~~

Turns had been taken hugging Astrid then after a while everything settled down. They bombarded her with questions, which she knew would happen. She filled in the gaps, explained her true parentage, and what had happened in the past 8 years. Her smile was genuinely bright as she said goodnight to them and was led upstairs by Esme and Carlisle. 

The hallway swam in front of her eyes as she stumbled backwards, clenching her fist against her forehead. Carlisle grabbed Astrid, supporting most of her weight. Several visions flashed before her eyes in rapid succession before stopping at one. 

Ransom crept quietly through the house in search of Astrid's room. He knew she must be hiding something in here and he was hell-bent on finding out what. 

He rummaged through her desk, finding nothing. He almost gave up before he noticed the painting on the wall was slightly askew. 

Ransom moved it over and low-and-behold there is was. A black box. He read out the 'spell' that a so-called witch had given him to open it, not expecting it to work. He was very much surprised when it did. 

Several dozen letters from someone named Klaus was inside. He smirked and took then out. Even if it wasn't proof she wasn't human, then it had to be proof she was doing something illegal. 

He also took the two small opaque bottles on necklace chains that were contained inside: one of blood labeled 'doppelgänger blood' and one containing some kind of ashes. This was the evidence he needed. 

He planned to expose her inhuman nature to Jacob then kill him, just to get back at Astrid for what she put him through. 

Astrid snapped out of her vision and screamed. "That bastard!" she screeched hysterically, sinking into Esme's arms.

"What's wrong, Natalia?" Esme asks, embracing Astrid gently.

"Ransom's gonna expose me! I saw it!" She cried. "Then he's gonna kill Jacob out of spite." 

Esme and Carlisle looked at each other in confusion. "Sweetie, who's going to kill Jacob?" Esme whispered, not exactly relishing the thought of having to handle Renesmee's pain for eternity. 

"No," she struggles to speak past her sobs. "My Jacob. Ransom's gonna kill him like he did Harlan then tell everyone what I am!" She broke down into sobs again when she realized it was Ransom who caused the elderly man's death. 

Astrid pulled herself together and grabbed her phone, her eyes blurring as she looked through her contacts for Jacob's. 

The phone rang a few times before he picked up. "Bekah?" The girl sighed in relief at hearing his voice, although she did feel somewhat guilty at waking him up. 

Esme glances at Carlisle curiously, wondering why the person had called Natalia 'Bekah.'

"Where are you?" She asks, walking to her room. She heard him moving on the other end. 

"Home. Why?" He asked. "And the better question is, where in the hell are you?!" He yells quietly, seemingly just now realizing who he was talking to. 

"Please, lock the door and don't leave your room. I know it's confusing, but I'll explain later. Don't let anyone in," Astrid pleads, pacing back and forth. 

She heard a click on the other slide. "Okay? I did. Why?" 

"Look, I'm coming back. Don't leave the room and stay there." 

Astrid hung up before she ran downstairs, Carlisle and Esme following after her. "Natalia! Slow down for a second!" Esme exclaims, stopping the girl. 

"I can't, Mom! I told you, I have to hurry back. I-I'm not letting him get hurt." She rushed out of the door and took off, heading for Massachusetts, leaving everyone in confusion. 

This chapter sucks, not gonna lie. Writing this kind of stuff is not my forte, but I'm just editing and reposting the chapters now.

 Writing this kind of stuff is not my forte, but I'm just editing and reposting the chapters now