𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

----- act three, FINAL AWAKENINGS
Chapter 20. 10 Years Later

THIS YEAR, JACOB THROMBEY AND ASTRID MIKAELSON WERE SUPPOSED TO BE MARRIED

Jacob would be 27, Astrid 28, and the two would have a 5-month-old daughter, Hope. Jacob would be a lawyer, and Astrid would be a writer. They would never want for anything.

Astrid would eventually reforge her bonds with Charlie Swan and Bella Cullen, forgiving them for everything that had happened.

Seth and Leah Clearwater would find their true imprints, though Astrid and Seth would still remain close.

Everything would be perfect.

This would be an ideal scenario in an ideal world. Unfortunately, the Universe is a cruel mistress with a cold heart. This perfect world was not meant to be.

Jacob Thrombey died of heartbreak after the loss of his other half 9 and a half years ago. He wasn't even 17 years old.

The Thrombey family fell apart and never saw each other again.

Marta Cabrera and her family heavily mourned the loss of yet another loved soul.

Klaus had compelled his way into the prison and killed Ransom Drysdale, though it did little to satisfy his rage. Eventually, the death of his first and last living daughter drove Klaus Mikaelson insane, causing him to dagger himself in a bout of insanity.

The rest of the Mikaelson siblings went their separate ways, unable to cope with the loss of the glue that held them together.

Seth Clearwater fell into a deep depression and was admitted into therapy. He never imprinted again, and eventually died of heartbreak as well.

The pack grieved deeply for their brother and sister.

Bella was full of regret. She had never fixed the relationship with her sister.

Once again, the Cullen matriarch lost another child. The Cullens were deeply effected by the loss of Astrid, a sister, a friend, an aunt, and a daughter they could never have.

Astrid Mikaelson once said that few would ever miss her if she died. She would never realize how big of an impact she had on so many people, how much brighter she made their lives.

The rest of their melancholic lives, mortal or immortal, was spent in misery and suffering.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, would ever replace the miracle that was Astrid Mikaelson.