𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠

----- act three, FINAL AWAKENINGS
Chapter 21. Not Gonna Die

IT HAD BEEN TEN YEARS SINCE ASTRID'S NEAR DEATH AND THE TRIBRID WAS OVER THE MOON WITH HAPPINESS

It was only because Freya had found the ashes of a phoenix that Astrid had hidden away that the girl had survived.

10 long years had passed since then. Astrid and Jacob had recently gotten married and have a 6-month-old daughter, Mercy Hope Mikaelson.

There had been a minor hiccup before their wedding in which Jacob was involved in a hit-and-run, but Astrid had turned him before he died.

She had expected him to be upset with her, but if anything, Jacob was thriving.

He had lost that haunted look in his eyes and was so much happier now that he had an eternity to be with his wife and daughter. 

Jacob had cut ties with his family a long time ago. He even dropped the Thrombey family name. They never really cared about him and did nothing other than drag him through the dirt. He had a family of his own now and didn't want those toxic people in his life anymore.

As for Astrid, she had everything she could ever want. Her career was at its peak, she had a husband who loved her as much as she loved him, and she had the miracle daughter she had always wanted.

Astrid's family was a large and happy one, now that she had fixed things. She had the rest of eternity to be with them. Despite all the times she had wanted to give up on life, she had persevered and made it to the heaven she deserved.

No longer was Alethea stuck in Sin City. She had made it to Heaven, her happy ending. And that was all she could ever ask for.

No doubt-endings are hard. But then again... Nothing really ever ends, does it?

 Nothing really ever ends, does it?