Prologue

((Once again, I do not own Resident Evil games or movie franchise. This book series is a way for the reader to become immersed in their favorite franchise, and that is all. Thank you for reading.))

It all started with the nightmares, their was no doubt about it.

These nightmares always consisted of a random event in the beginning, whether the event being something simple as a walk in the park, or something tragic, like seeing your loved ones falling deadly ill. However, the dreams always ended the same: Your body bound to a hard steel table, arms and legs bound to prevent you from moving, countless doctors/scientists prodding and poking you, ripping off your clothes as if to prepare you for examination, or even dissection if the dreams ever went farther than that. It always ended with a strange figure standing in front of a doorway: A dark silhouette of a tall, well dressed man, with his hands behind his back, and his face always appearing to be unrecognizable.

They've went on for almost two months now, and always when you were home alone. You always woke up in a cold sweat, late at night or early in the morning, with Jack whining at your bedside.

You had no control over them, you were victim to these plagues that always brought you to the same end. It was the end that always reminded of you of your childhood, a past that you were desperate to leave behind you for good.

You wished you could only turn to your partner for comfort, But the last time you saw your husband was before he left on a recent mission in DC. It's been two months, and his replies grew to a cold halt. Your only concern now was of his true whereabouts, believing that these haunting dreams were only occurring due to the absence of Leon at your side.

You were left at a standstill of what to believe at this point.

Not only was your husband missing, you were aware of these recent attacks occurring around neighboring states. The dead appear to be rising again, attacking the living all in plain sight, causing those to witness to worry for their lives.
All it seemed now was a constant turmoil of fragments of the past coming back to haunt you. Literally.

Little did you know, you were about to be thrown into the worst case scenario part of it.