Chapter 18

Arias let out a dark and sinister chuckle, holding Leon in his fist like holding a doll.

He lifted the man upwards, squeezing him and enjoying the grunts of pain Leon emitted in the process.

He raised his free hand slowly, bringing it up towards his head as his sharp talons proceeded to extend outwards, thinning outwards until the tips were sharp fine points, like bloody porcupine quills.

"I'm going to spill your guts all over." The tips of his claws brushed menacingly along Leon's jaw, forcing the man to lean his head away from the contact. The sight caused Arias to let out another chuckle, completely unaware of the white dressed woman running towards him.

Leon watched your body jump high into the air, letting out a loud cry as your right hand jammed a brand new, even longer piece of glass that you had scavenged from the ground around you. The sharp, jagged edge embedded into the blinking heart in his chest, forcing Arias to shout into the air.

His arm let go of Leon, dropping him to the ground as the glass shard brought him an immense amount of pain. You hung onto the glass piece with both hands as his back had arched, keeping you off the ground. Quickly reinforcing your hold, you forced the glass piece to twist, hearing another agonizing scream at your actions from the beast. Thick splatters of blood spewed out, staining against your face and arms, but you could've cared less.

An hand grabbed ahold of you, forcing you to let go of the glass as you were brought away from his chest and lifted into the air. In his rage, he didn't care that he had slid a ring on your finger, he could've cared less if you were considered his wife in his eyes. He threw your body hard, forcing Leon to witness your body flying in the air before harshly making contact with the broken hard ground, your body bouncing and rolling to a stop against the large elevator doors.

He shouted your name when he your body limp on the ground after a few seconds, his voice littered with dread as he feared the worst.

The harsh sounds of helicopter blades began to cut through the air, grabbing the attention of Arias as his head turned. The helicopter proceeded to turn around, revealing the sight of a woman laying on the floor aiming at him with a rifle of sorts, sparks glimmering from the end of her gun.

The blast came barely a second later, ripping into his left shoulder with a hot, piercing pain that sent him stumbling backwards. Hot, charred bits of flesh scattered along the ground, accompanied by a series of heavy rumbles and shatters in the far distance as the single fire from a gun so powerful had impacted the neighboring buildings, sending a few crumbling down like sand castles.

Arias immediately looked over towards his wound after regaining himself, experiencing horror once he saw the deep crater that replaced the mutated head of his old friend, leaving behind the charred remnants of a jaw.

"Diego!!" The beast cried out in agony, grief overcoming his body over the death and loss of one of his last friends. The grief turned into even more rage, especially towards the helicopter containing the woman who took his friend away from this world.

He bursted out into a fast run, charging towards the edge of the building toward the helicopter, somehow overcoming the incredible distance it took to get to it. He landed against one of the wings, causing the chopper to lose its balance. It proceeded to spin clockwise in an attempts to get the beast off, causing Arias to hold on with one hand as his grip started slipping.

Leon, who had been watching had gotten up fast from the ground, looking over towards your unmoving body. An idea then came to him, recalling his abandoned motorcycle a certain distance away. As much as he wanted to go to you, had to make sure the danger was gone for good for the sake of both you and Rebecca.