Chapter 7

The heavy drops of rain patted hard against the glass, the heavy individual thuds hitting the metal roof of the dark car on the dark rainy night.

By now, you were highly used to him always adorning black leather gloves every time you were accompanying him. Either in privacy, or in public, he was always wearing black gloves, matching every other article of black clothing on his body. His gloved hands were on the wheel, never moving once as he drove. How he was able to see through the cryptic shades was a mystery to you, but for the moment you paid no mind as you sat there in the passenger seat.

Your attention was frozen on the window, watching the ripples of rain cloud your view of the various shops and restaurants, their signs all lit up brightly despite the time of the night. While you gazed out the window, you didn't notice Wesker peering at you while he was driving, staring at the way you gazed at the window, your glassy (e/c) eyes locking onto each building for mere seconds before it was stolen from your view.

He was still to this day surprised at your progress ever since Spencer terminated your use in Project Eden, once in a while finding himself recalling the day he first discovered you laying down on the medical table, held down by steel and connected by medical tubes. You were skin and bones, confused and unaware of Umbrella and what they wanted to do with you, and somehow, in some twisted way, he hated that they chose to test on you in the first place.

Despite in the beginning of not caring for your well being, the first thing he found himself barking to William about was him and his team of scientists not feeding you properly. You arrived with slim arms and brittle looking fingers, but the last thing Wesker wanted to see was the concaved sockets of your skull from your skin sinking in around your temples.

His choice of taking you in was more based on memories of his childhood, when him and his supposed siblings were taken in and not only experimented on, but also trained to be what Wesker was now. In a sense, Now 15 years old, You reminded Wesker of his youth, only this time you carried with you something extraordinary, something he wished he could've gotten his hands on much sooner.

During the time you were in his care, he saw you as the perfect tool to his success. He only needed to prepare you with everything he learned as a child as an attempt to groom you with a mindset similar to his own. His plans for you were to start as young as he had when he was your age, though you were a child, it was best to start young.

Little did he know, that idea would never succeed.

When he said he was taking you out somewhere, the last place you expected was somewhere nice. He rarely, if ever even, took you out to go anywhere. The fact that he took you out on a late night drive on a stormy night was beyond normal, but you knew better at your age to question it.

You peered over to him from the corner of your eye, seeing his eyes still glued to the road as he stopped at a traffic light, the red glow reflecting off his glasses. You looked over at the maroon truck's headlights reflecting in the rear view mirror. "Where are we going?"

"Pay attention to the streets," He pressed on the gas, letting you see the colorful lights that you enjoyed viewing quickly disappear from your view, "If you see something familiar, you'll know."

"Okay." You replied rather hesitantly, unsure what he really meant by it. You did as he said and looked at the streets, seeing him turn to a new road, leading you into what looked like a run down neighborhood, which looked like a complete contrast against the rest of the city.

The car stopped, slightly catching you off guard before you could have a proper chance to react to your surroundings.

"We're here." Wesker spoke, leaving you looking out the windows in curiosity. What you saw through his window made your blood run cold, the first details you could make out from the small navy blue house was the window-less door you ran from on the night you had run away.