Chapter 12

You had a strange faint ringing in your ears once your head came in contact with the ground, the cold surface being a faint comfort that soothed your head from the burning sensation that lingered after the shocks had stopped. You were left heavily panting, your eyes closed as your body trembled where it remained.

Glenn was in complete anguish, his sobs choking him with each breath he took as he gazed down both women who laid on the ground, both overcome with different visible amounts of pain. He tore his attention away again, feeling angry at himself at his rash actions with both of you.

While you had disobeyed him, the anger was more towards Rebecca in the way she had acted in her defense. This was supposed to be his wedding, and he wanted it done successfully. He believed that her resembling so close to Sarah was a sign that he had to do so, so in response he believed Rebecca would be more willing for him to slip the ring on her finger.

Maybe if he hadn't grabbed her so harshly, he thought.
Or maybe he should've offered to put the ring on instead.

He felt like he rushed everything, which ruined his high hopes of continuing the wedding and completing it the way he wanted.

Your palms gently planted themselves on the cold ground, your shoulders and elbows trembling like jelly as you struggled to sit up even a little, your breathing still quite ragged and broken. You held your breath a bit as you managed to sit up with a more stable hold, propping yourself up on your right arm and you looked over to Rebecca, seeing her attention towards the emotionally broken captor with shock and reasonable amounts of fear.

"Rebecca." You spoke out in a soft tone, her head turning to meet your gaze.
For a moment, she couldn't help but stare at the scarab in shock, never seeing a device quite like this before. Of course, she's heard of it and researched it once out of curiosity, and even spoke to Jill herself about it, yet received little answers from the woman, which she understood. But to see it up close, seeing how the wires protruded from underneath your skin while it excreted minor beads of blood while it was secured was rather grotesque and horrifying. It made her feel even more sorry for you than the man who was staring down at his late wife's arm he contemplated to cradle to his chest for comfort.

"I'm sorry," you began, your head shaking a little as your emotions faintly displayed itself in your trembling tone, "I'm so sorry. I can't.. it's hard to fight it. I-I can't help it-"

"On second thought," Hearing the man almost across the room made both women gasp, turning their heads to see him staring at them, although his attention was more on Rebecca.

"I'm going to replace your arm," Glenn proceeded to pick the arm up off the table slowly and gently as if it was an expensive art piece, "With Sarah's."

He stepped forward, his lips forming a crazed smile that shot a bullet of fear throughout your system for Rebecca. "Maybe that will change your mind about me." He proceeded to nod, as if confirming his own ideas for Rebecca, which in turn made her just as fearful as you were for her.

His horrid smile lingered a bit longer before it started to falter, continuing to stare at Rebecca as his smile fell from his face. He seemed to blink a little rapidly, his gaze tearing away from her as he kept silent.

He brought the forearm close to him, cradling it in one hand while he reached into his tux pocket to pull out his phone.

Both of you remained silent, watching as he brought his phone to his ear to make the mystery call.

"Their must be a change of plans immediately," He began to speak, not even attempting to keep a hush tone about it as he was in the call with someone.