Chapter 6

"Patricio?... Who is this?"

Her voice grew more frantic, accompanied by the sounds of her impatient child beside her, desperate to speak to her now deceased father.

"Where's Patricio?? Put my husband on the phone right-"

Leon was quick to press the end button to the call, unable to comply with the new widow's demanding pleas.
He looked up slowly, seeing Chris stare back at him, his expressions showing the same amount of remorse that Leon was feeling inside.

"Their's a reason he gave that to you before he died," Chris spoke slowly, making sure Leon understood the situation they were in, "It might have the answers we need in it."

"I didn't," Leon shook his head, feeling his chest ache from his quickly bubbling emotions, "I didn't want this... but now, now I have no choice. This son of a bitch just kidnapped my wife. A goddamn bioterrorist just stole the best thing he could ever obtain on this goddamn planet! God knows what the hell he's gonna do to her, and I let it happen!"

Chris couldn't help but agree, despite how much he didn't want to. Glenn Arias just decided to get his hands on you and Rebecca. Why he took Rebecca was a mystery to him, but it wasn't much of a mystery on why he chose to obtain you.

You were the forbidden fruit, the heroine with life saving or destroying blood running through your veins. It was clear that Glenn Arias wanted reign over the world with his deadly merchandise, now it appeared he wanted more power. As it turns out, maybe you were to be his new source of power.

"We have Rebecca's laptop, we have leads."Chris stated, looking over to the ground where Rebecca's abandoned red laptop landed, thankfully spared from any gunshots that were delivered from the attack.

"Look man, I need you. (Y/N) needs you." Chris spoke, seeing Leon's eyes fill with pure worry, for the first time since he arrived here. He turned his attention to the laptop on the ground, his hand clasping onto your ring tightly in his fingers, knowing that Chris was one hundred percent correct.

Glenn kept his gaze fixated on you, hearing the heavy inhales of air you took as your nerves began to calm, the potent fire in your veins dissolving into an almost comforting warmth, like sinking into a hot bath on a cold winter's morning.

You opened your eyes slowly, ignoring Glenn's gaze as you stared at yourself through the mirror. You were a hot, sweaty mess. The bright lights in the room catching each bead of sweat that formed along your brow, highlighting the slickness along your neck and chest from your temporary fever.

What was minutes of curiosity to Glenn felt like pure hours of torture on your end. You were out of breath and exhausted, your wrists aching from your constant thrashing due to the horrid sensations that ran through your body. If it wasn't for a few more seconds of torture, your held back whimpers would've turned into terrified, painful screams, but you weren't prepared to give in so easily.

"Incredible," Glenn commented, his arms crossed as his fingers were caressing his chin, his expressions showing that he was purely amazed in what he witnessed, "This strain I had believed to be my most powerful and successful yet. However, in less than six minutes, you've seem to prove me completely wrong."

You spiked the water with your damn virus?

You glared at him, biting your lip to prevent your hateful banter from escaping. As much as you wanted to scream at him, to jump from your bed and seize him by the neck and snap it like a pencil, you were in no position to do so.

"You appeared to have reached a high fever at first, which dosen't usually happen to other victims," He continued to talk, as if he was leading lecture of sorts, "Others showed common signs of dry coughs, major tremors, immediate loss of white blood cell count. All of these are common symptoms, but as far as I've witnessed, you remain as beautiful as ever."