Chapter 9

Glenn stood beside the table, his gloved hand tucked underneath his chin to symbol his wonder and curiosity as he gazed down at his experiment.

The procedure, although beginning with a bumpy start, was told to him by the head chief doctor that it was a complete success. Under less than 1 and a half hours, they were able to successfully implant his specialized device into your chest.
While in all honesty, this plan had been rather rushed with little room for trial and error, which meant that he was quite unsure how the device would fully work. You were now in fact, his first test subject.

It took him a few nights of studying the old records of the last use of the scarab, and many more nights of picking out flaws and enhancing various bits and pieces to his own liking before the final product was completed. While the previous type had impressed him on how it worked, he simply had no time to adjust anything by phone or any hand held device by physical means necessary, he was on a time crunch after all.

While the last victim of the scarab had been succumbed to its full control after countless hours of brain washing and torture, how you would react to it remains to be seen.
While looking as beautiful as a large ruby, it had the potential of turning you into a perfect weapon, if your free will was to be broken down as fast as he hoped it would be.

A perfect human, with the inability to get sick or grow overcome with disease, was now hopefully turning into a perfect weapon for his own personal use. The perfect weapon, perhaps.

From his position, he could make out his own reversed reflection on the smooth surface of the rich dark red device that rested on top of your sternum. The thick wire-like legs were embedded into your chest, the tips lost underneath a layer or two of skin, the area a bit swelled due to inflammation. If he squinted his eyes just a bit, he could make out the deep blue color of your veins appearing around the scarab.

You hadn't moved a muscle since he entered the room alone, not having a single worry of any danger. Your body was still secured to the table by the metal cuffs, the last thing he really wanted to do was pull a gun on you if anything were to go wrong. But so far, you hadn't moved.

Taking a deep breath, Glenn removed his hands and brought them behind his back, staring down at you with curious, patient eyes.

"(Y/N). Wake up."

The scarab began to emit a bright blood red color, seeming to power up on his voice command. Moments later, your eyes jolted open, your mouth opening to drastically take in a breath of chilling, sterilized air.

The simple act of breathing when you first awoke felt horribly painful, and oddly heavy. You had completely forgotten where you were, As soon as you felt the cold chill of the steel cuffs on your wrists, you froze as the memories flooded back to you.

But also, you were left staring at the graciously large mirrors placed on the ceiling. You were greeted with the sight of yourself staring back at you with pure shock, and definite fear as it was impossible to avoid viewing the object that was embedded into your chest, followed by the various stitches it took to get the device where it was.

You immediately wanted to scream at the sight. It was a horribly awful thing to view, causing various grotesque emotions to course through your veins, ranging from fighting against the restraints in attempts to yank the device off your chest, to wanting to vomit due to your stomach churching almost violently.

Incredibly, your face betrayed you in expressing any kind of emotion, displaying an expressionless mask to hide the true pain and disgust you were experiencing.

"I apologize for the discomfort you may be experiencing," The voice of your captor rang into your ears, your eyes picking up the silver haired man standing beside the table you were on through the mirror. "The morphine should be wearing off momentarily."