Chapter 14

Dark red puddles littered the floor, accompanied by multiple foot prints from many different shoes. Various limbs ranging from arms to legs scattered the ground, arranged like random sprinkles among the various decaying bodies that have either been shot relentlessly or stabbed brutally, all from a single BSAA soldier.

Chris, with his hands temporarily vacant, had grabbed ahold of the undead man in front of him, scooping him from the ground and into the air. He threw the body over, causing his victim to collide head first into the ground, hearing the somewhat satisfying crunch of his skull and neck collapsing from the harsh pressure.

While the plaguing worry that these zombies once used to be people left his mind long ago, Chris couldn't be helped to recall it once in a while. The body count had lingered too high, and their was nothing he could do but to bring these innocent corpses peace by releasing them from their puppet flesh eating cages.

He turned fast, seeing his assault rifle jammed into the chest of a lingering undead man. He yanked it out fast, using the weapon itself to slam down against his head like a large hammer, witnessing the splatter of blood and brain matter. From there, Chris quickly reloaded a new magazine into his rifle before firing at the rest of the approaching corpses before they had a chance to touch him.

The loud screeching of tires grabbed your attention, the sound although slightly muffled from your hands over your ears, was a completely random one for sure.

You had been left hiding in the small  space for a good few minutes, your hearing quickly succumbing to the relentless piercing echoes of bullets shooting through the walking corpses. It made your ears ring, forcing you to cover them the best you could. Your knees trembled from lingering pains that shot through your body once in a while, having you lean against the wall to relieve the tension, which eventually led to you sliding down slowly to the floor with eyes closed, unable to watch the sight of zombies and splashes of blood any longer.

Once the screeching tires were heard, you were left staring at the dark stained wall in front of you with surprise. You removed your hands slowly, listening closely as the rapid gunfire from the assault rifle was replaced with a more notable fire of a handgun, and a rumbling engine.

Shortly after, the shots stopped, and so did the broken groans of any zombies. You turned your head to stare at the hallway, keeping quiet as you listened for any sound, wondering if it was safe.

"Leon." Chris approached the man as he got off the motorcycle, seeing his handgun still in hand.

"Sorry I'm late," Leon approached the man, gesturing his head slightly behind him where he had arrived, "Had to take the stairs."

An audible clatter caused both men to turn and aim their weapons instinctively, neither of them preparing for the sight they were expecting at all.

From an opening where Chris had suspected the undead had arrived from, he saw a woman on hands and knees in the middle of the hallway floor, immediately suspecting that he had missed one. However, quickly recognizing the woman's features caused him to grow shocked.

With Leon, he recognized you right on the spot, even when you weren't looking at him. His heart began to beat quicker, sounding like heavy drums in his head. He found himself momentarily struggling with his throat constricting, preventing him from calling your name for a moment as his body rode through the wave of shock.

He exhaled slowly through his nose, lowering his gun as he watched you struggle to stand, worrying immediately at the sight of the blood that stained your white shirt, your cheek and temple. He was immediately glad that you were alive, but was concerned if you were wounded.