Chapter 1

Marinette groaned while sitting on her desk chair in her office. She couldn't even concentrate on her work because of the new problem that just has entered her life a few hours ago. She didn't know how to handle it. She got up and started pacing around thinking of a solution.

Maybe she can ask one of her friends to ask for their help? The answer her mind said was 'no' because all her so-called male friends will try to get the advantage of the situation. They always just flirted with her. She thought to give her mind some rest and packed up her things. Getting out of her office, she entered the elevator.

When she came to the ground floor, her receptionist greeted her and said "have a nice day mam".

Even on being so much frustrated, she managed to reply with a smile "you too Clara" and exited the 'DC fashion' building. She entered her red Porsche and unlocked her phone. When she was checking where her best friend has asked to have a dinner date, she also got a message from her manager:

"We have done the final check and the new spring collection is completely ready to be out. Preparations are going well for the upcoming fashion event but we are still searching for new faces for this line"

She messaged back 'OK. We will discuss it soon' and started her car. She arrived at the restaurant and spotted her best friend looking every bit of a famous influencer she is, busy on her phone. 

On reaching the table and while taking a seat, she said with a smile"Hey Chlo". 

Chloe raised her head and quickly kept her phone aside. Grinning she said "Looks like you finally got time for me". 

Marinette chuckled "I am really sorry Chlo but you know how busy I am these days". 

Chloe gave her a reassuring smile "I know Mari, you don't have to explain"

Marinette relaxed and returned her smile but Chloe immediately caught the trouble building inside her "what's wrong?"

"oh, it's nothing" Marinette lied.

"Marinette Dupain Cheng... don't try to lie to me, I know you very well" Chloe said in a threatening way.

"Chloe it's really nothing. I am just having trouble finding new faces for this upcoming spring line" Marinette said trying to convenience Chloe but clearly she wasn't.

Chloe glared at her "we are going to talk about whatever it is. Now spill".

Marinette sighed in defeat and started spilling out "remember how I lied to my parents 6 months ago that I have a boyfriend".

Chloe hummed and motioned her to continue, so Marinette continued "well... they are coming next week to meet me and my boyfriend".

Chloe's eyes grew wide while she thought whether to pity her best friend or laugh at her stupid lie "wow... you have got yourself in a one-of-a-kind problem". 

Marinette groaned and put her head on the table, "Help me" she muttered.

At that time, the waiter came with their orders. Marinette saw it was Chinese her favorite. She gave Chloe a grateful smile and immediately dived in to have her food.

"You know me best chlo... just what I wanted" Mari said with her mouth full. 

"Yeah yeah I know I am your lifesaver. And don't talk with food in your mouth. We will talk about it while having a walk, let's first finish our food".

Marinette nodded and took another bite, moaning at the test.

After paying the bill, they got into Marinette's car and went to have Andre's ice cream.