Chapter Three

Chapter Three

It was the next class and I had study with Lydia and Allison. We all agreed we'd go to the library. I met them outside the library and we walked in, going to the back where all the seats were.

We got out all our books. Allison got a note pad and started to sketch the bruises. Man, she's never gonna give up until she finds the bottom of this mysterious "pattern", is she?

"I want one," Lydia suddenly said, breaking our silences. I sat next to Allison and Lydia sat on the opposite, looking ahead. Allison and I turned our heads and I noticed the two twins from yesterday had walked in.

Allison smiled and we turned back to Lydia. "Which one?"

"The straight one, obviously," Lydia tells us. I turned around in time to catch Danny walking around the corner, one of the twins turned their head, noticing Danny, who had bumped into another kid on accident and he apologises. Wait, so does that mean Danny isn't straight?

Lydia picks up her coffee and takes a sip. I looked at Allison's screen. Ancient Symbols. That's when Allison noticed Lydia's cup and picks it up. "What if its not a symbol?" Allison asks. "What if its actually a logo?"

She looked at up and Lydia was gone. I didn't realise she had left. I turned around again and saw that Lydia had gone to talk to one of the twins.

I rolled my eyes slightly.

I take the computer from Allison. "What are you doing?" She asks and I typed in the google search bar "Beacon Hills Logo".

"Helping you find this thing you're so obsessed with," I answered and started to search through the image of Beacon Hills Logo.

I glanced up to catch her smiling a little. "So, you believe me?"

I shrug. "I don't know," I answer. "But, maybe the craziness will stop if I actually help you."

Time skipped by, and we had finally found a logo that was similar to our wrist's bruises. "That's it," Allison points to the screen and then clicks on it. "Beacon Hill's first National Bank."

"That's odd," I countered, looking down at my wrist. "Why would the girl give us a bruise of Beacon Hills first National Bank logo?"

She sent me a small smirk and tucked some hair behind her ear. "We have to go there. We have to see what's going on there."

"Allison, your Dad—"

"He said to stay out of the supernatural business side," Allison tells me. "This is just two girls exploring the closed Beacon Hill's first National Bank." I gave her an unsure look. "Please."

I sighed and finally caved in. "Fine. When do we go?"

Allison gave me a smile. "Tomorrow night."

——

"So, mystery girl leaves a bruise on your arms and turns out to be a logo for the bank?" Lydia repeats as we exit Allison's car the next day at school, we were parked in the school parking lot.  Lydia scoffs. "What's she trying to do? Get some investment advice?"

"Not as this bank," Allison replies as she shuts the car door and we made our way to the boot. "It's been closed for years."

"Why aren't you telling Scott?" Lydia questions.

We stop at the boot. "Because according to someone, I need to find something real." She opens the car boot and grabs her bag. Inside was some clippers to unlock the bank we need for tonight. Allison closes the boot. "Which reminds me, um, I can't drive you home today. Addison and I have an errand to run after school."