Chapter Thirty-Eight

It was the same night, unfortunately. I wait on the other side of the bed with Stiles laying down, Melissa checking out his eyes with a flashlight as she sits on the side of the bed.

She turned the light off and placed it down on Scott's nightstand. Melissa hesitantly hovers her hand over Stiles'. Stiles sighed and held out his hand for her. Melissa had checked his pulse, glancing down at the watch she's wearing.

"Well..." Melissa softly said, her voice shaking a little. "Medically, you seem okay. You're definitely a real person." She lets out a chuckle.

Stiles raised an eyebrow slightly, looking up at the roof. "Okay, so I'm real, but am I really me?" He took a glance at Melissa.

I looked up when I heard footsteps coming in, it was Scott and Stiles had sat up slightly. Scott stands at the end of the bed frame, looking at his best friend. "Is she here?" Stiles had questioned him and Scott gives him a nod.

"Yeah," Scott answered.

"Okay, lets do this." We all gave each other glances, having second thoughts. "Guys, we have to do this."

We had brought Stiles downstairs and we were greeted by Mrs. Yukimura, Kira's mother. "Do you recognise me, hmm?" Mrs. Yukimura stands in a strong position as we stand opposite giving us a good few feets apart.

Kira had suddenly jumped into the scene, closing the back door behind her and runs over to her mother and looked at Stiles. "Stiles, stop." Kira had pleaded. Mrs. Yukimura had held out a hand towards her daughter as Stiles takes slow steps towards them.

"It's okay," Stiles had reassured her. "I'm the one who asked her to come."

"You're the one who's going to get stabbed with swords." Kira quickly said. "Mum, don't do this to him."

"It's already done." Mrs. Yukimura told her daughter in Montone. I grabbed Scott's hand out of reflex when the Oni's head popped up behind Stiles and in front of us.

Stiles had turned his head and looked at an Oni. Melissa lets out a gasp beside me. Another Oni had popped up as well. One of the Uni's had grabbed Stiles' by the ear and his eyes glow, the other Uni stands behind Stiles.

Stiles began choking a little, before being let go by the Oni and he had collapsed on the ground, the Uni taking a step back. They had now disappeared.

"Look behind his ear." Mrs. Yukimura instructed her daughter. Kira had walked forward and crouched down to Stiles, we had joined her. I turned Stiles over slightly and we checked the back of the ear.

A backwards 5 showed up which made me sigh in relief. Oh, thank God Stiles is himself now. "It worked." I breathed out.

Stiles used his strength to use his two arms to somewhat sit up. "Am I actually me?"

"More you than the Nogitsune." Mrs. Yukimura looks down at him.

"Can the Oni find him?" Stiles made eye contact with Mrs. Yukimura.

"Tomorrow night." Mrs. Yukimura informed us. "It's too close to dawn now."

Stiles scrunched up his face and lets out a grunt. "Can they kill him?"

"It depends on how strong he is." Mrs. Yukimura answered.

"And what about Lydia?" Scott quickly asked. "Why would he take her?"

"He would only take her for an advantage," Mrs. Yukimura said. 

"You mean her power?" Scott questioned.

"The power of a Banshee."

——

We had taken Stiles to the Station, we hover by the door, watching Sheriff Stilinski try to get his keys to go home. "In your coffee cup." Sheriff Stilinski had looked up, his eyes widening at the state of Stiles. "You always drop them in your empty cup."

Scott nods, silently telling that this was in fact the real Stiles. Sheriff Stilinski drops his jacket and ran over to Stiles, giving him a big hug, Stiles meeting halfway.

"Hey, Dad," Stiles said softly, warming my heart as I watched the son and a father reunite. Scott had walked further into the office but I stayed at the doorway.

"Is it over?" Sheriff Stilinski questioned hopefully.

Scott had picked up the keys from Sheriff Stilinski's cup. "Not yet."

We had told Sheriff Stilinski everything. Stiles sat on his father's desk, Scott and I stand beside him. Sheriff Stilinski comes back in. "We've got an APB out on Lydia's car." Sheriff Stilinski explained. "Every unit on the road is looking for her."

"Is there anything else that we can do?" I asked, wanting to help as much as possible.

Sheriff Stilinski shakes his head. "At this hour? No, not really."

"He took her for a reason, Dad." Stiles speaks, Sheriff Stilinski moving his head towards Stiles. "Look, if we can figure out the why, then we'll figure out the where."

Sheriff Stilinski crossed his arms. "Okay," he had lowered his voice before glancing over his shoulder into the main office area, no one was there. "What would a Nogitsune need with a Banshee?"

"I don't know, Lydia's pretty good and finding dead bodies," Stiles pointed out. "Maybe he needs to find a body?"

"Scott," Sheriff Stilinski had whispered. Scott and Sheriff Stilinski made eye contact. "You know more about this than all of us."

Scott's eyes widen. "Me?"

"You said you got the whole story from Noshkio?" Oh, right, Mrs. Yukimura.

"Yeah, but what happened during World War II like 70 years ago," Scott pointed out.

"Wait," Stiles blinks. "What did you say?"

"Noshiko told me about the internment camp..."

"No, no." Stiles shakes his head. "Before that. You said the whole story,"

"Yeah," Scott softly said, looking at his best friend.

Stiles had this look, a thoughtful look on his face. "What is it?" I questioned.

"There's a girl at Eichen House," he said moments later. "Her name's Meredith and I think she might be able to help."

Sheriff Stilinski had yelled out to Parrish to get Meredith's detail. Parrish had called up a number, I'm assuming its the Eichen House.

Parrish comes in a few moments later. "Sheriff, Meredith Walker."

"She still there?" Sheriff Stilinski questioned.

"Yeah," Parrish answered. "But they moved her into the Closed Unit."

"Why?" Scott asks.

Parrish cocked his head a little. "They said behavioural issues."

"What issues?" Stiles frowned a little, looking at the deputy.

"She wouldn't stop screaming."

A/N

Y'all. Only a few more chapters to go until this season is FINISHED! Ah this is insane!