Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One

"Xylazine. It's a tranquillizer for horses." Deaton had come into back room of the Animal Clinic where Scott, Stiles, Isaac, and I stand. He placed down three bottles on the table. "For a werecoyote, expect it to work within seconds. I only have three. So whoever's shooting, needs to be a damn good shot."

"Allison and Addison are a perfect shot." Scott nodded.

"Allison used to be," Isaac points out. "So it's just up to Addison now."

I nervously looked at the Xylazine. "I don't know if I can-"

"You can do it," Scott tells me encouragingly, giving me a small smile.

Isaac crosses his arms. "If we can manage to find the thing."

"Okay, what is the point in him?" Stiles pointed over at Isaac who stands opposite him. "Seriously, I mean, what is his purpose? Aside from the persistent negativity and the scarf?"

Isaac gave Stiles a smirk and I gave Isaac a look. "What's up with the scarf, anyway?" I genuinely asked. "Its 65 degrees out."

Isaac didn't answer. "Look, maybe I'm asking a question no one here wants to ask. How do we turn a coyote back into a girl, when she hasn't been a girl for 8 years?"

It went silent for a moment. "I can do it," Scott looked at all of us.

"You can?" Stiles asked beside me.

Scott looked at Stiles. "You remember the night that Peter trapped us in the school?" Stiles nods at Scott. "In the gym, he was able to make me turn using just his voice. Deucalion did the same thing in the distillery."

"This is a werecoyote, Scott." Deaton pointed out. "Who knows if it'll work if you can find someone who can teach you."

"That's why you called Derek first," Stiles speaks up and my eyes dart over to him. They called Derek?

Scott sighed. "Yeah, I could try it on my own. But right now, I'm too scared to even change into just a werewolf."

Stiles rubbed his face. "We need a real Alpha." Scott looked over at his best friend, looking highly offended. "You know what I mean. An Alpha who can do Alpha things. You know, an Alpha who can get it going. You know, get it..."

"Up?" Isaac suggested.

"Great," Scott muttered sarcastically. "I'm an Alpha with performance issues."

"Is there anyone besides Derek who can help?" I asked, biting my lower lip.

"I wouldn't trust Peter," Isaac adds.

"Maybe the twins?" Stiles suggested.

"They're not Alphas anymore," Deaton tells them. "After what Jennifer did, almost killing them? It broke that part of them."

"So, we went from having, like, 10 Alphas in Beacon to 1?" I frowned. I glanced over at Scott. "Barely 1," I muttered under my breath and Scott sends me a look. Right, werewolf hearing...

Everyone ignored my question. "Yeah, but what if they know how to do it?"

"Nobody's seen them in weeks," Scott points out.

"Well, actually, that's, uh, not totally true,"

——

I unlocked the loft with Lydia, Stiles, and Scott beside me. I put the keys in my pocket and we stepped inside.

"They said they'd meet us here," Lydia was further in the loft than we were. I gasped in shock when one of the twins lunged for Scott, punching Scott in the face.