Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter Twenty-Six

I could not express how happy I was about this black-light party. I had gotten all dressed up, I wasn't really anything specific. I wore short jeans and a crop-top and putting my hair into messy pigtails.

"Are you sure Derek is gonna be okay with this?" Allison asks as the night had fallen and we drive to Derek's loft.

I shrugged. "I know he won't be okay with this if I asked. But, I've been trying to get in contact with him for what, a week? He gave me the keys'... But I figured that if he's not here; we won't find out."

Allison glanced over at me and pursed her lips together. "I guess..." I smiled happily as we pulled up to the streets; the streets were getting full by the minute.

We jumped out of her car and followed the crowd into the party. I beamed when I entered Derek's loft, it honestly looked so, so sick. Black lights mixed with UV paint. I left Allison's side immediately and walked to the front, pushing by dancing students to get to the front.

There stood Danny, having UV paint all over him by some girl. "Danny!" I called over the loud music.

"Here's the girl that made this all happen!" Danny yelled excitedly, wrapping his arms around me and I giggled excitedly. "You want UV paint?"

"Yes!" I yelled, jumping up and down, looking at all of the different UV paint colours.

"Face or body?" The girl asks.

"I, uh," I mumbled. I guess I could do something on my arms and I'm showing a little bit of stomach. "Body," the girl grins.

"What colours?" She asks and my eyes scan them briefly.

"Pink, yellow, green, and blue," I answered. "You can do any crazy decision you want, I don't care." She nods, dipping her fingers into the AV paint. 10 minutes later, she was done and I examined art. It was different colour all in a perfect line which satisfied the hell out of me. "Thanks!"

"No, thank you!" The girl laughs, grinning widely. I take Danny's hand and I dragged him to the dance floor.

"This is so sick!" I yell at him, jumping up and down along with the beat of the music and he stands there awkwardly.

"Yeah, imagine if you didn't say yes," Danny nods, looking around the sea of UV painted people. "You want a drink?"

I pondered over the thought of it. "Yes!" Danny smiled widely and walked off, leaving me to dance with a bunch of strangers.

I danced like nobody was watching. This was my night. And I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts. It feels great being a somewhat normal teenager.

"Addison!" I turned around and saw Lydia standing there, with a wide smile on her face. "This is a side I've never seen you before!"

I giggled and danced towards her. "I'm being a stupid teenager for once! Dance with me," I twirled her around and she laughs before we start to really dance with each other, getting close; doing awful dance moves while the night is still alive.

Danny had held a red cup out for me and I take it; downing the entire thing within seconds. "Can I have another one?" I asked before I throw the cup down and laughed.

Danny nodded. "Yeah, I'll be right back!"

My eyes land on a certain brown-haired boy and I walked quickly towards him, pressing my lips against his cheek leaving a UV paint lip mark.

I giggled. "Happy Halloween!" I went back into the sea of people, not spotting Lydia or Danny anymore. I felt someone's hands on my waist and I quickly turned around, ready to push them away but it was Stiles. I gasped happily.