Chapter Twenty-Three

"Wait a minute, wait a minute," Stiles exclaims as we chased his father down the hallway. "The William Barrow? The shrapnel bomber? Spotted nearby?"

I felt chills go down my body hearing that. The Sheriff had paused and turned to us. A serial killer was in our school. "A little closer than nearby, actually," Sheriff informed us.

"How do we get down the basement?" Past me goes by Agent McCall and a teacher was pointing him in the direction. "I need to know where every entrance is. I don't want anybody in or out of the school."

"Dad, what's really going on here?" Stiles asks after what we had just heard from Agent McCall. Sheriff then explains to us that Barrow had seen glowing eyes and he's going absolutely crazy over it. He said that Melissa told him flies came out from his tumour and he slashed a doctor. Barrow had gone after some kids with glowing eyes.

"Barrow went after some kids with glowing eyes?" Isaac asks as we walked down the hallway now, explaining everything to him, Lydia, and Allison. "He said those exact words?" No one was down these hallways luckily.

"Yeah." Stiles walks a little further than everyone else. "And no one knows how he woke up from anaesthesia. Just that when they opened him up, they found a tumour full of live flies. Which in any other circumstances would be all kinds of awesome."

"Did you say flies?" I turned around to Lydia, she had stopped walking, her eyes widening at us.

"Lydia?" My cousins asked, cocking her a little as we all stop now.

"All day I have been hearing this sound," Lydia begins to tell us and she inhaled. "It's like... This buzzing."

Allison had taken a few steps closer to her, Isaac, Stiles, and I followed Allison. "Like the sound of flies?"

Lydia looked between us. "Exactly like the sound of flies."

——

"The police are leaving," Lydia and I found Scott and Stiles in the hallways again, Stiles went to find Scott. "Why are they leaving?"

"The police?" Scott raised an eyebrow; he has no idea what we are talking bout or whats going on.

"They must've cleared the building and grounds, which means he's not here." Stiles quickly figured out and I frowned.

"Who?" Scott asks. "What are you guys..."

"He has to be here," Lydia cuts in. "That sound... The buzzing I've been hearing? Its getting louder."

"How loud?" Stiles sighed.

Lydia closed her eyes. "Extremely,"

——

"Hey, Dad, Dad!" Stiles and I raced after Sheriff down the stairs outside.

"Yeah?" Sheriff asks as we walked down them.

"We can't leave yet," I but in and the Sheriff turns to us as we made it to the ground floor.

"We got an eyewitness that puts Barrow by the train station," the Sheriff informed us.

"Lets go, Stilinski," Agent McCall calls out; looking over at us.

"Whoa, whoa, Dad, Dad," Stiles begged. "Please, just... Lydia said that he's still here."

Sheriff walked closer to us. "Did she see him?"

"Not exactly. No," Stiles admits. "Well, not an actually. But she has a feeling. A supernatural feeling."